Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tank leaking

Options
  • 08-06-2007 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have recently moved into our new house and are just about finishing up with bits and pieces. My heating system is wood pellet burner, which after a lot of trial and error, works really well. It provides underfloor heating and constant hot water. I have a 300Ltr cold tank in the shed and this has a pump attached for power showers all round. The hot water tank is 150Ltr and ready for solar but not plumbed for panels as of yet. (Money) It has sprung a leak which the plumber cant locate and we think it may be an internal weld. As the tank is pre-insulated we would have to break some rivets to get the insulation off and if we do so, the guarantee is lost. Does anybody have any experience of one of these tanks leaking. Bought from Energy master in Kerry, very good to deal with. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

if its an internal leak and its guaranteed why not get them out to look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

I already got in contact with them and they will replace the tank no bother, I just wondered if anyone else had similar problems. Also they told me they no longer supply this particular tank and the one they will send to replace it is going to cause some headache for the plumber.:(

Advertisement