Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Office

Options
  • 08-06-2007 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Which is the fastest way of setting up a business telephone for a home office. Is it possible to add an extra telephone number to my existing BT Broadband and Telephone 3mb service with free uk calls or am I better of going for something separate like Blueface for 42 euro month which gives me 2 business telephone numbers , uk + ireland calls free, plus fax number and keeping my existing esat contract for 63 euro.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

IMO you'd be best to get the Blueface setup and have your Irish business on a 1850 number (not sure but Blueface can probably give you a UK 0845 no. aswell) that way if you ever move you can bring your business numbers with you with the least amount of hassle.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What kind of connection do you have? VOIP can be unreliable unless you have a good, solid connection. A reliable connection is critical for business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bananarepublic

Its a 3mb BT Broadband Connection , which was the max I could get , checking Blacknight ISP Test it runs at about 2.65mb download. Yeah never thought of that I will give them a ring re the UK and IRL numbers on Monday. The BT crowd are to ring me back but the 79.99 a month ex vat business package seems good as it includes some mobile phone call time aswell. Just have to see whether they can add an extra line.

3mb should be fine for call quality, just bear in mind that if your bb is down, your telephone line is down. You need to decide how important your telephone line is to your business with that and downtime experienced in mind.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

dahamsta wrote:
    3mb should be fine for call quality, just bear in mind that if your bb is down, your telephone line is down. You need to decide how important your telephone line is to your business with that and downtime experienced in mind.

adam

Nope, you can set up blueface to divert your call to a mobile if it is not answered after x amount of seconds. Therefore you can still take calls if your broadband goes down.

• Advertisement

You can, but it's not a perfect solution. I'm just trying to highlight possible difficulties for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The other thing he could do is use his existing phone number for his business, and use the blueface number for home use (which, presumably, is less mission-critical).

Advertisement