Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which 32" flat screen to buy from Currys for €1,000

• 08-06-2007 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Just got vouchers to the value of €1,000 for a new TV and I am wondering does anyone have recommendations.

I do not live near a Currys (and their Irish website is not up) so I cannot just pop in a browse their selection.

The reason I am asking is because I bought a Smasung Slimfit a few years back, I moved it when I was moving house and ever since the screen has been all over the place

It seems it was a common problem with that make and model. I got insurance with it and they took it back no problem hence the €1000 in vouchers.

Now I want to get another TV and don’t want to fall into the same trap again and buy something that has a common problem associated with it.

So what can people recommend or advise avoiding in the 32”, €1,000 price range. ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

don't know if Currys have them but highly recommend toshiba 3000, goes for ~€900 (gets good reviews all round and was one I was going to get before changed mind and went for 42"). Also recommend

Other ones looked at...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055087212
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055101401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just got vouchers to the value of €1,000 for a new TV and I am wondering does anyone have recommendations.

I do not live near a Currys (and their Irish website is not up) so I cannot just pop in a browse their selection.

The reason I am asking is because I bought a Smasung Slimfit a few years back, I moved it when I was moving house and ever since the screen has been all over the place

It seems it was a common problem with that make and model. I got insurance with it and they took it back no problem hence the €1000 in vouchers.

Now I want to get another TV and don’t want to fall into the same trap again and buy something that has a common problem associated with it.

So what can people recommend or advise avoiding in the 32”, €1,000 price range. ?

Okey doke, the three best tellys that would fit your price range out of currys in my opinion would be:

LG LX2R
    LG LX3R
    Samsung LE32R88BD

I would strongly recommend the samsung telly because they are really currys best seller, the picture display on them is a lot better than most of their other tellys, it has a nice design to it, it has the digital tuner card built in.

The 32LC3R LG is actually a much better telly when you compare them all. It is an update of the 32LX2R and is only out in the last while. It has a few more bits and bobs, but is also worth a look.

They are really your three main options that I can find. You do know that the vouchers can be use on anything else within the store and not just tellys.

Advertisement