Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas bolier timers

• 08-06-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭

We've bought a second hand home with gas central heating. Thankfully we've not had to use the heating since we moved in but I noticed that the timer/clock that controls when the heating goes on/off is busted. None of the little pins can be used to time the heating, only the on/timer/off buttons work. Anyone know where I can get a replacement timer in Dublin or online? I had a look around Woodies but they didn't have any.

I had an appointment with www.boilercare.ie today for a guy to come and replace it but after taking the day off he never showed and never called to tell me why so I thought I would try it myself.

I'd appreciate any pointers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

SteM wrote:

I had an appointment with www.boilercare.ie today for a guy to come and replace it but after taking the day off he never showed and never called to tell me why so I thought I would try it myself.

I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thats not the usual with servicing :( ,if I'm going to be five minutes late I have to ring.
    If your stuck give me a shout ,I always have a few timeclocks with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SteM

Cheers for the offer. Went up to B&Q today and found one there, It should be easy enough swapping like for like - even for a dolt like me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

No problem ,take care.

Advertisement