Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting predictions Q.6,7

Options
  • 08-06-2007 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

My money's on club and published.

What do you predict for question 6 and 7? 43 votes

Farm Accounts
    0% 0 votes
    Club Accounts
    0% 0 votes
    Service Firm
    25% 11 votes
    Published
    39% 17 votes
    Cashflow
    6% 3 votes
    Tabular Statements
    25% 11 votes
    Incomplete Records
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Service and incomplete.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Incomplete is pretty much a definite so Im just studying Ratios and Incomplete and thats it .. Do you think there is any chance of Departmental Q1 coming up?

NoelJ wrote:
    Do you think there is any chance of Departmental Q1 coming up?
    I can't see it. I would go insane if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

club accounts is guarunteed tbh...if not in 100 markers then at least in a 60 marker! but i wud say incomplete is comin up aswell with it in the 100 markers

btothei wrote:
    club accounts is guarunteed tbh...if not in 100 markers then at least in a 60 marker! but i wud say incomplete is comin up aswell with it in the 100 markers
    Club was up more recently as 100m than service though. Would be my preferred choice though although the theory requies a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I said Club and Cash Flow. I'm quite flexible in that though. Incomplete or Published in there aswell wouldnt bother/shock me. I'll be prepared. 4 days before Accounting to study for whats easily my best subject.

If I had to broaden my prediction it would be: service,incomplete,club, cash flow, published. Ii cannot see anything else being on. What about the costing? I think the two part with the stock valuation.

Dont do costing myself, do the budgeting. Cant remember what it was last year, think it was flexible, if thats the case, I'd hope for a cash budget q.

Mushy wrote:
    Dont do costing myself, do the budgeting. Cant remember what it was last year, think it was flexible, if thats the case, I'd hope for a cash budget q.
    yeah it was flexible budgeting. I will probably leave out the budgeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Genius16

Is everyone leaving out published a/c?
    I am doing incomplete ratios club and service:cool:
    leaving out cash flows and published...
    surely this isn't a gamble?

• Advertisement

Definately doing Published, well, having them prepared anyway. Leaving out anything is a gamble, except maybe stuff that came up last year(apart from Ratio Analysis). Cash Flows in Section 2 havent come up since 1998, so I'd do them. Plus they very easy anyway, guaranteed 100 marks. Published you may get away with leaving out, bit of a risk. I can understand with all those notes at the end how much of a b**** it can be.

ADVICE: do one more topic than what you say your doing, just to be (more) secure

Mushy wrote:
    Definately doing Published, well, having them prepared anyway. Leaving out anything is a gamble, except maybe stuff that came up last year(apart from Ratio Analysis). Cash Flows in Section 2 havent come up since 1998, so I'd do them. Plus they very easy anyway, guaranteed 100 marks. Published you may get away with leaving out, bit of a risk. I can understand with all those notes at the end how much of a b**** it can be.

ADVICE: do one more topic than what you say your doing, just to be (more) secure

good point :)
    Im going to leave out published and do cash flows...probally still two weeks away :D

Genius16 wrote:
    Is everyone leaving out published a/c?
    I am doing incomplete ratios club and service:cool:
    leaving out cash flows and published...
    surely this isn't a gamble?
    Very risky.

There is a very HIGH chance that ratios and incomplete records will occupy two slots.
    cash budgets/product costing/valuation of stock for section c

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

I know everything except published and cash flow if the two of them come up il walk out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

im an a1 student in accounting and ive only ever come across sole trader,manufacturing and company accounts in Q1 so what is this departmental business all about?
    oh q.6 and 7 will be cash flow and incomplete method 2

dpartmental has been on the pass course for the last few years it is on our syllabus but has never been asked it is very easy and most "A1" students would be able to deal with it if it came up:rolleyes:

Bluefox21 wrote:
    dpartmental has been on the pass course for the last few years it is on our syllabus but has never been asked it is very easy and most "A1" students would be able to deal with it if it came up:rolleyes:
    The fact is that nobody spends any class time on it. If it were on I would be sick, after spending two years doing every company,manufacturing and sole trader possible.

it hasnt even appeared on mock papers though, is it like a company or what?

yeah thats true but realistically it will never come up here's an interesting one I heard the ratio question could be dropped this year....

• Advertisement

Bluefox21 wrote:
    yeah thats true but realistically it will never come up here's an interesting one I heard the ratio question could be dropped this year....
    According to some it is a given. :rolleyes: Yeah I hope it is, put on cash flow. I will learn ratios as a back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Section 2
    Q5- Ratios again, they're gonna keep asking them till people do well in them(worst scoring question 2 by a mile so I'm told)
    Q6 - Incompletes, probably Balance Sheet backwards method, but wouldnt rule out Cash Book method at all(they haven't done it every second turn in the past, so why would they now?)
    Q7 - Service(maybe club)

As an outside chance, we could see a 100 marker Cash Flow (hasn't been asked as a 100m since 98) and published (was a 60 last year, wont be a 60 this year, unlikely to turn up as a 100, but you never know with the SEC)
    AS for section 1, you're better off doing the 2 60 markers. Its faster to do 2 60s than one 120 for a start. You have a choice, and the adjustments are way easier, plus most of the stuff you have to learn for it could well turn up as a 100marker instead. Cash Flows, Tabs, Club, Service, Suspense, Farm(the only type of question in the whole leaving Cert never to have been asked since the current syllabus has been introduced), Published turn up in both sections. But stick with what you feel most comfortable with.

E92 wrote:
    Section 2

As an outside chance, we could see a 100 marker Cash Flow (hasn't been asked as a 100m since 98) and published (was a 60 last year, wont be a 60 this year, unlikely to turn up as a 100, but you never know with the SEC)
    AS for section 1, you're better off doing the 2 60 markers. Its faster to do 2 60s than one 120 for a start. You have a choice, and the adjustments are way easier, plus most of the stuff you have to learn for it could well turn up as a 100marker instead. Cash Flows, Tabs, Club, Service, Suspense, Farm(the only type of question in the whole leaving Cert never to have been asked since the current syllabus has been introduced), Published turn up in both sections. But stick with what you feel most comfortable with.
    Each to their own, but statistically Q1 is better. I can get it done in max 40mins, and got the full 120 in the pre.

Each to their own, but statistically Q1 is better. I can get it done in max 40mins, and got the full 120 in the pre.

Well who am I to tell you what to do then:D ? all the nerds do Q1, which is why the marks on it are so good ;) . Anyone who cant get an A in Accounting strugggles with Question 1. I did say in my last line do what suits you best though. I got 91, well I'd have topped 100 if I read the question a trifle better, in the pre, but I switched to the 2 60 markers and by God am I glad that I changed. I save 15 muinutes doing the 2 60s, plus I get them right more often than not.

You're obviously going to do very well at Accounting then, no mean achievement.

Bluefox21 wrote:

yeah i think ratios will be dropped too, the paper has become too predictable and i heard that arthur russell fella on the radio saying there was going to be surprises! and he said it in such an evil voice too....
    ive 6 days of pure accounting to study for so hopefully il get all eventualitys well covered

melsman wrote:
    yeah i think ratios will be dropped too, the paper has become too predictable and i heard that arthur russell fella on the radio saying there was going to be surprises! and he said it in such an evil voice too....
    ive 6 days of pure accounting to study for so hopefully il get all eventualitys well covered

Well the SEC have a habit of continuing to ask questions till people get them right....ratios are the worst performing question, have been for many years, so unless they have magically changed their minds or we do miraculously well in Ratios this year when they come up, Ratios will be on the exam for the forseeable future. Of course nobody said they had to turn up, but I cant see them not asking Ratios this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

authur russel was my teacher this year and he never made it clear to us there would be a "surprise" he said hed be shocked if one of club/service/incomplete didnt come up in section 2 and he never mentioned ratio not being there he advised us to do it..

Adam

T-b0n3 wrote:
    authur russel was my teacher this year and he never made it clear to us there would be a "surprise" he said hed be shocked if one of club/service/incomplete didnt come up in section 2 and he never mentioned ratio not being there he advised us to do it..

Adam

well no better man than yourself so seeing as you had him but thats what he said on 606 on 2fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

I'd say--

for Q1- company final accounts

S2-- service and incomplete records (working back method)

S3--cash budget

Published is always a possibility, too risky to leave it out

but hey these are only predictions, dont take it as bible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

powerofone wrote:

S2-- service and incomplete records (working back method)

FYI There callled incomplete Type B

Advertisement