Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting predictions Q.6,7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

powerofone wrote:

S2-- service and incomplete records (working back method)

FYI There callled incomplete Type B

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

E92 wrote:
    Section 2
    Q5- Ratios again, they're gonna keep asking them till people do well in them(worst scoring question 2 by a mile so I'm told)
    Q6 - Incompletes, probably Balance Sheet backwards method, but wouldnt rule out Cash Book method at all(they haven't done it every second turn in the past, so why would they now?)
    Q7 - Service(maybe club)

As an outside chance, we could see a 100 marker Cash Flow (hasn't been asked as a 100m since 98) and published (was a 60 last year, wont be a 60 this year, unlikely to turn up as a 100, but you never know with the SEC)
    AS for section 1, you're better off doing the 2 60 markers. Its faster to do 2 60s than one 120 for a start. You have a choice, and the adjustments are way easier, plus most of the stuff you have to learn for it could well turn up as a 100marker instead. Cash Flows, Tabs, Club, Service, Suspense, Farm(the only type of question in the whole leaving Cert never to have been asked since the current syllabus has been introduced), Published turn up in both sections. But stick with what you feel most comfortable with.

Can do a Company Final in 35 mins max, The others would be 40 mins, so wouldnt consider it faster.

Farm Accounts came up last year. As for saying Ratio question is the worst scoring, it is true. But my teacher also said they mark it very hard, as it comes up in only two forms(shareholders/debenture holders), and so if you do it, you should know it extremely well enough(if you've studied enough for it of course;) )

A combination of RAtio Analysis, Incomplete Type B and cash Flow would be a sweet sweet paper. Came up in our mocks, but I did nowhere near enough study for it. Measly 70%, that could so easily have been 90%+.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Departmental won't come up.They are unofficially told at inservice to leave it out.
    I did hear however that they are thinking of changing what questions are coming up so as to break away from whatever trends have emerged.Eg company accounts is widely predicted for q1....rumour has it that 'they' may decide that this year is to be the year that they break the trend which that prediction is based on.Also based on that the rumour I've seen above that ratios may be dropped could turn out very true,if they're looking to mess the paper up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

lemansky wrote:
    Departmental won't come up.They are unofficially told at inservice to leave it out.
    I did hear however that they are thinking of changing what questions are coming up so as to break away from whatever trends have emerged.Eg company accounts is widely predicted for q1....rumour has it that 'they' may decide that this year is to be the year that they break the trend which that prediction is based on.Also based on that the rumour I've seen above that ratios may be dropped could turn out very true,if they're looking to mess the paper up.
    Is that a definite to leave out departmental?
    I don't think company will be left out for 3 years, I know he likes question one. I can't see him 'hitting' those who try it. Hopefully they do drop ratios which will give a greater range in section 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Genius16

Ill give you 100/1 that they drop ratios and put on cash flow (inclusive)
    1000/1 they put up a departmental and drop ratios :D
    This is the course 10th year why should we be the unlucky ones....
    I mean not putting on ratios for 1st time in 10 years........unlikely

• Advertisement

Once departmental isn't on I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TommyK_The-DJ

What are the chances of a Manufacturing coming up??

Is that a definite to leave out departmental?
    I don't think company will be left out for 3 years, I know he likes question one. I can't see him 'hitting' those who try it. Hopefully they do drop ratios which will give a greater range in section 2.

Well our teacher and many like him around the country only give departmental accounts a few seconds in class-and that is to tell us not to worry if we hear others talking about them..So leaving them out is a risk you take officially, but loads of people have never even heard about them except for having read about them on boards, which says that the teachers who don't teach it know its okay not to.

I only heard about the ratios rumour on this thread myself but there is defo talk about mixing up the pattern on q1 in the next few years, and there is no reason as to why we won't be the year......but as I say its just as likely they won't-but don't roll on any one prediction for question 1 unless you're desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

DO ye mean that there could be no question 1 at all.... no final accounts... could nt be.. or do ye just mean could it could be any of the three sole/ company/ manufacturing???

There is every chance that Manufacturing could come up Tommy -K.

Shox, I'd be doubtful about a sole trader, as it came up last year. Despite these incessant rumours about mixing up the trends, I'd doubt they'd put sole trader on again. Manufacturing is the worst one I think.

• Advertisement

ya i agree, manufacturin takes about 6/7 mins longer

I was wonderin does anyone plan on startin rulin out colums and writin the headings the minute they go in? in my exam hall we go in 10 mins before the exam and answer booklets are on the table!!!

Ya dont have to rule out anything for accounting. Just put the heading in, but no lines everywhere. Can keep it under a heading without the need of a ruler. When I'm finished writing out everything, I may put them in, but not before. Better remember to use a pencil. So much better

Shox wrote:
    DO ye mean that there could be no question 1 at all.... no final accounts... could nt be.. or do ye just mean could it could be any of the three sole/ company/ manufacturing???

Manufacturing or company.Sole trader isn't likely.I don't really see the paper being messed around but it could be.

Mushy wrote:
    Better remember to use a pencil. So much better

Some of my friends told me not t use pencil!!! Is that mad or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah i doubt they're gonna mess around with everything this year, they'd have to be right saps to do that, maybe they'll get rid of the ratios and put in something easy like club/service and incomplete(and whatever other ****e), cos if they put get rid of it and then put up cash flow and published(not so bad i guess), they can... stick something....somewhere

playa3 wrote:
    they can... stick something....somewhere

Nah they'd enjoy that too much!

Shox wrote:

Well, put it this way. If you make some mistake, which looks better: a scribbled out pen mark with barely legible figures over the scribble of pen. OR: just a space where the right figure is cos you were able to rub it out and keep it neat? Take your pick. If its all right and you have time at the end, then go over it in pen if you want. It is up to you, but I dont see the disadvantages of pencil writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

Shox wrote:

Thats because if you write in really light pencil some of it might have faded by the time you get them rechecked in september. Personnally i always do my accounting in pencil.

I hope ratios come up i love them. Is anyone else worried about the theory? Lately there putting more and more in and its starting to worry me. I did a/c coz i thought there was no theory. Its not fair.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

The theory questions are a bitch, Im guessing that if servce firms (which has never had theory attached) comes up they'll change it slightly to shorten it and then add some theory. So not only will there be theory weve never seen before but also an alteration in the question. I found out aswell that they are capabe of putting a maxmum of 80 marks worth of theory on the paper!!!!!!! That would be a stinger. hmmm havent used that word in a while

BTW does nyone know where i can find a sample cash flow 100 mark answer? I have the 98 question nd the mock 04 question but not the answer 4 either!!!!!!!!!

There are some in the book!

• Advertisement

:o:o:o

Help with ratios required :eek:
    Im having a problem with the notes.
    In the dividends section, How do you calculate the percentage of profits paid out?
    Also in the "proportion of shares owned" section. Hard to explain this...just look here....page 10
    How do you get 23 percent?
    http://examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2004/LC032ALP1EV.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

150000 X 100 = 23%.
    650000 1

€650,000 is Ord Share Cap(OSC)
    €150,000 is OSC introduced. I'm surprised that there is no reference to PSC. If you include PSC you get a different answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

80 MARKS WTF:eek: thats not fair im so screwed

E92 wrote:
    150000 X 100 = 23%.
    650000 1

€650,000 is Ord Share Cap(OSC)
    €150,000 is OSC introduced. I'm surprised that there is no reference to PSC. If you include PSC you get a different answer.

Me too....Thanks ;)
    Whsat about the percentage of profits paid out? in the dividends section?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I hope Cash Flow shows up as 100 marker...lovely quick interesting question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

md99 wrote:
    I hope Cash Flow shows up as 100 marker...lovely quick interesting question...

agreed. f**k all theory to it too!

Anyone doing the 60 markers? I was thinking of going over one or two to be safe. Maybe club, service nd control? Yeh/no/maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

yea im doin da 60 markers!!!!,,I have been goin over club/service/control/revaluation nd depreciation!!!!,,,hope 2 4m that list comes up!! hate suspense accounts!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

im not doin 60 mark questions unless departmental Q.1 comes up...so no im not doing 60 mark questions!!:D
    farm accounts cant come up as 100 mark can they??

Advertisement