Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar Player - Galway

• 08-06-2007 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'm male, aged 24, quite good on the guitar, at it 12 years, lookin to join a band, either for covers or originals. Im mostly into rock, but like messing with effects etc. too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I'm moving to Galway in August, what are your preferred styles and have you ever gigged before?

I play bass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭anothervictim

Hi, I'm into incorporating electronic sounds into blues / rock/ metal. So I have a kind of standard rock style with an array of effects pedals, used modestly to create a more synth like effect on the whole thing. Havent gigged really. Was never into playing covers, more into making music, but thinkin about starting into it, just for a change and a chance to meet more musicians. At the moment I'm playing with a bassist and drummer. The bass player is quitting and the drummer is probably emmigrating in august. So I'd like to get a full band together and jam out a few covers, or whatever. Give me a shout again closer to the date your movin to galway and we can organise a jam if your still up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Not really my scene,sorry mate, I'm more into punk,ska,oi! etc

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harlemangel

Hi there
    Myself (Guitar & Keys) and one other (Singer) are currently trying to get something going in Galway, along the lines of mellow acoustic with some rock thrown in for good measure. We both are & have gigged before, but are looking to try something different to the same run of the mill rock acts. We're not 100% yet on what direction, possibly looking to record new material further down the line.

Can you sing / do harmonies? Also, I know you said youre into rock/effects, would you be open to playing acoustic lead?

As I said, we're still trying to nail down what we really want to do, so if you want to discuss please mail me back.

Cheers.
    H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Hi

I'm a drummer/producer/dj in galway and im looking for this kind of thing. id like to get involved with a band thats not afraid to incorporate all kinds of electronic samples/synths. anyway heres a few bands i enjoy. if its what your into aswell give us a pm. cheers.

Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the stone age, Stone Roses, Fratellis, Rage against the machine, Groove Armada, Basement Jaxx, , the gossip, the flaming Lips, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Thin Lizzy, George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic, Chemical Brothers, James Brown, Faithless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's rare to see a thread looking for band members in Galway, so I'll throw my name in the hat too.

I play guitar also. Main influences would be the likes of Dream Theater, Opeth, Death, Megadeth, so a bit on the heavy side.

If you're interested at all, even for a quick jam, I could drag along a guitar and microcube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Page27

Hi Im 27. I just moved to Galway from Dublin. I have a band called Page27 http://myspace.com/page27music but would like to start something fresh in Galway along the lines of a Covers Band to get some bread & butter. Been playing for over 10 years so no wasters are necessary.

Pm for mobile number or whatever.
    MIke

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grahamkelly

I'm male, aged 24, quite good on the guitar, at it 12 years, lookin to join a band, either for covers or originals. Im mostly into rock, but like messing with effects etc. too.

Need a guitar player for a heavy rock band
    Let me know if your up for it
    Cheers
    Graham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Umbra

Need a guitar player for a heavy rock band
    Let me know if your up for it
    Cheers
    Graham

Lol, this was posted in 2007,
    I am a guitar player in Galway. I've been playing for 10 years, if you're interested

Advertisement