Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water coolin FOAM problem

• 08-06-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Well guys i'm trying my first water cooling setup. Ihave everything all setup and now am trying to bleed it so i can leak test it. But i've got foam. I used distilled water and then added some waterwetter from alphacool. I've left it run to see if it would work itself out but no luck. I'm guessing the waterwetter might be the problem anyone any experience with this or suggestions for me?
    Pump is a hydor seltz l30. Apogee gt and an mcw30. Cape bullseye res and cape agb2 filport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Could be you used too much waterwetter...it acts a little like a detergent sometimes
    I tend to stick to the Tec-Protect stuff from Alphacool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

you need de-ionised water could that be the problem , it can be gotten from most petrol stations or online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

yeah but i only added 5mil 10 at the very most. thats only 0.5-1%.1l of water. they recommend a 2% solution. Anyway i'll flush it out and try some water on its own. i have some of there Feser One stuff aswell. but it's pink lol i dont know why i ordered it. also the agb res thing is a balls to use the inlets stick out one either side. Think i'll order a different res and some of that tec protect stuff. Was just hoping to get it up and running this weekend. I have destilleirts wasser from alphacool thoughtthat would do it. I'll get some de-ionised tomorrow and try that too.
    tnx lads

Well i've been pussy footin around with this a bit trying to avoid cuttin into my case at all. Was gonna leave the rad out side an seperate but i just dont like the look of it and the mess of pipes. so i think i'm gonna bite the bullet and hack into my beloved p180 to make a vent at the top for a dual rad. may as well make this a build log. also gonna remove the lower chamber fan support to make room for the pump. will post pics. i should mention this is my first mod and water cooling. lol... worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I'm sure it will be fine....P180 is tight for space though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

may i advice you p180s are very hard and auqward to cut.there is 3 layers [plastic,metal,plasti].so if you are doing it donate allout of time to it and also use a jiksaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

jigsaw ;)

i need some kind of beading to go around the edge that i cut. Where you think i'll find it.. also what would be the proper name for it. Tried bandq couldn't find anythin. Something that would allow me to insert a grill,some kind of plastis strips or rubber... any ideas?

Got her up and running woohoo. Was a bit miffed when i checked cpu temps and got 34-36 degrees then i remembered folding is on startup. So turned it off idlin at 27-28 now hit 26 once for a sec lol. havent cut into the panels yet though for venting still deciding on what shape to make em. I have removed all the stuff from the bottom of the case to make room for the pump and rad. They fit comfortably. I had to mount the PSU sideways.
    Following your advice i've picked up a jigsaw got an ex display model Skil for 25 bucks, down from 45, Bargain. Came in handy for making the PSU fit and also makin a hole in the floor of the case. I'll explain all later with pictures.

just fired her up 23-24 degrees idle. cooool

• Advertisement

good going, im getting 18-21c idle atm.

Thanks anti, i've been following your thread nice setup! Mines not quite as substantial as yours but tis my first mod, oh and i'm broke lol. Just have CPU and NB and a dual rad, i think it's a nexxos but i'm not sure it was second hand and a hydor L30. Anyway should i be expecting better temps or are they ok CPU has an Apogee gt and nb has mcw30. Also whats a good temp programme i have TAT but it only does cpu and speedfan seems to be giving me very strange readings.
    Also on the new temp sticky can i suggest you specify a particular temp proogramme for eveyone to use and a load test just so everyone is on the same page. Maybe some links to the afforementioned.

Also when i was attching the cpu block i notice when lookin at the side view that the block isnt sitting totally flat on the chip. It looks like the cpu is slightly domed an curves away around the outer edge, is this normal for an e6700? Maybe lapping would be in order?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Thanks anti, i've been following your thread nice setup! Mines not quite as substantial as yours but tis my first mod, oh and i'm broke lol. Just have CPU and NB and a dual rad, i think it's a nexxos but i'm not sure it was second hand and a hydor L30. Anyway should i be expecting better temps or are they ok CPU has an Apogee gt and nb has mcw30. Also whats a good temp programme i have TAT but it only does cpu and speedfan seems to be giving me very strange readings.
    Also on the new temp sticky can i suggest you specify a particular temp proogramme for eveyone to use and a load test just so everyone is on the same page. Maybe some links to the afforementioned.

Also when i was attching the cpu block i notice when lookin at the side view that the block isnt sitting totally flat on the chip. It looks like the cpu is slightly domed an curves away around the outer edge, is this normal for an e6700? Maybe lapping would be in order?

Yeah, the IHS can be very bad on some cpus :(

Lapping it is a good idea, but not essential, It will void your warranty, but it may be worth it if its very bad...

21 degrees idle sounds very acceptable though :)

I agree, 21c is perfectly fine. Especially as we have been having some reallt hot weather recently. To mopnitor my temps i use ati tool to monitor the graphics card and ite smart guardian to monitor the temps. But afaik SG is only for nf4 boards.

I know it's by no means bad but i'd like to get as much out of it as possible, you know how it is, lol :D. Btw it was 23-24 minimum just after firing it up, but 26-28 seems to be where it sits idle now (nvr sed 21 that was anti) . I'll leave it for now cos i have the vents to spend time on, allow for burn in, maybe in the future i'll pick up some appropriate sand paper and spend an evening with it, it seems people get 2-3 degrees out of it easy enough. I am superbly impressed with the load temps though nvr above 40 with TAT load test and Folding running. time to start overclockin it. What else should i try to push it.
    Warranty psssshh, lol. i dont think there is anything in my pc i havent voided already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I know it's by no means bad but i'd like to get as much out of it as possible, you know how it is, lol :D. Btw it was 23-24 minimum just after firing it up, but 26-28 seems to be where it sits idle now (nvr sed 21 that was anti) . I'll leave it for now cos i have the vents to spend time on, allow for burn in, maybe in the future i'll pick up some appropriate sand paper and spend an evening with it, it seems people get 2-3 degrees out of it easy enough. I am superbly impressed with the load temps though nvr above 40 with TAT load test and Folding running. time to start overclockin it. What else should i try to push it.
    Warranty psssshh, lol. i dont think there is anything in my pc i havent voided already.

try 350x8 or sumthing like that first.

Advertisement