Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony OR Phillips

Options
  • 08-06-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi All

Just back from a look around in Harvey Normans and I got talking to a sales assistant about the Sony 32V2500 LCD i was interested in buying as Ive heard some good stories about it and i really like the look of it.

However he went on to say that if he was buying a tv now he would buy the Phillips 32" PFL 9332 as he reckons that they are lightyears ahead of Sony at making tvs.

He also suggested the LG 32" LC3R because they are the inventors of the LCD and again ahead of Sony but i preferred the look of the Philips.
    But what i cant understand is that these two tvs were 300euro cheaper than the Sony - so was he being genuine in his belief that these are better tvs or are they just making a bigger profit when they sell these tvs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

He could be on a commission to sell more Philips TVs! Personally, I'd never buy another Philips.

I have that same model of Sony TV that you mention and it is top class. I bought it as soon as it was available though (ouch), but try and pay no more than €1,200 if buying from a physical shop here (it's € 1,049 + shipping online).

The "V" range of Bravia TVs from Sony are a premium (hence the price) but they do sell cheaper 32" LCDs which are probably more comparable with the Philips.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Even though I don't own a Sony, I'd go for one if I was buying an LCD, don't listen to the shop assistant, they have stock to shift so they'll tell you the Philips is best because they've no Sony's in stock and a ton of unsold Philips out the back.

Snake

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Yeah i really like the 32v but what websites sell it for 1049e?

Komplett.ie have them for that price...
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=328555

They are generally considered to be a good online shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement