Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never have to do _ again!

Options
  • 08-06-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Which exam is making you anticipate the moment you can shout it out loud! (Well at least until August comes around....) But lets not think negatively.

For me it's Irish, I should be feeling pretty happy now, but I'm still feeling bad over my answers :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Never have to do IRISH & BIOLOGY again... woopdedoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

History. Which is a shame cause I found a lot of it interesting, I'm just ****tin meself over the exam..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mé Féin

Well for me it was english...i could have shouted it from the roof tops....great feeling kowing that i'll never again have to pretend to care what a poet is trying to say!!:D :D:D:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Lol it's such a great feeling, to just forget everything you've learned. At least in college we'll be learning stuff we have an interest in, hopefully.

I never have to do the Leaving Cert again!

(couldn't resist :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

History. Which is a shame cause I found a lot of it interesting, I'm just ****tin meself over the exam..

omg I'm the same, I only took History cos I find it so interesting & I love it and then I go and fail my mocks...
    Wednesday is going to be my worst day-business and history together :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Well, French, but I never study that anyway....

I actually like the subjects I do, hopefully I can continue them in some shape or form after school.

ie.
    English - I'll still read.
    Irish - want to get Deoraíocht by Pádraig Ó Conaire
    Maths - there'll be a small amount in Computer Science I guess, and I wouldn't rule out doing something involving Maths in the future.
    Physics/Chemstry/App Maths - wouldn't rule out doing something involving any of them in the future. I was considering Pharmacy or Engineering before I finally decided on CS.
    History - well i'll keep a general interest I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Ok well lets see....

English:We'll I'll still use it every day I guess.
    German:Well definitely try to keep up with it.Have gotten much better in the last year....although thats not exactly a big achievements because at the start of leaving cert my german was as good as it was on the end of 1st year, due to my complete lack of work.
    Economics:Will still be doing this in my college course.
    Business:See economics.
    Maths:I'll still have to add I guess......
    History:Well I really like it, so I'll still keep an interest.But only in european history and irish history from 1916 to around 1922.I honestly could not care less about Parnell and his crazy ole land league (that was Parnell wasn't it?The only thing I studied from that book was the case studies).

Oh and if it had to be ''I never have to do ______ again!!'' it would be English, purely because of Poetry.I rather liked Macbeth.......

''FLY FALSE THANES FLY!!!!''

Macbeth could be viewed as very poetic. Each sollilliquay is essentially a poem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Macbeth could be viewed as very poetic. Each sollilliquay is essentially a poem ;)

No wonder I always hated Macbeth;)

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Ah but theres a HUGE difference between something being poetic and something being a poem.See unlike the majority of poems, Macbeth actually tells an INTERESTING story.I mean who the hell wants to read short stories about the depressions of rural Ireland?Crazy people, thats who.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

English: Will use it for college essay writing and general interpretation I guess...
    Irish: Nice to know, don't want to lose
    Spanish: VERY useful, want to keep
    Maths: Generally useful I guess...
    Applied Maths: I hate this subject.. but I guess it adds to my problem solving ability... glad no more early classes though
    Chemistry: SO BORING... never touching it again :D
    Music: Integral part of my life, love music
    Art: Same as Music

I'm glad I won't have the exams but some of the things I learned will serve me well I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Irish never ever again!!!! well, the whole poetry and crap thing. i really like speaking irish, might go to the gaeltacht for a while next year, just hate learning boring pros and stair.

Doing history and french next year so gonna keep all my notes for those!
    Love english so il of course keep reading, it'll be helpful for law (fingers crossed i get the points!)

I mean who the hell wants to read short stories about the depressions of rural Ireland?Crazy people, thats who.
    Who wants to read plays about the depressions of feudal Scotland?
    kisaragi wrote:
    Applied Maths: I hate this subject.. but I guess it adds to my problem solving ability... glad no more early classes though
    As a matter of interest, why do you do it if you don't like it?

Surely only one really into maths and mechanical physics would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Your ma!:p

Can't believe it took this long, for shame

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Who wants to read plays about the depressions of feudal Scotland?
    No-one.....so its a good job Macbeth is much more than that.

As is any poem on rural Ireland on the LC course.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I can't wait until French is over with. Its the one subject I don't enjoy as a subject or as a Leaving cert course. Though at least its not as angry as German...
    I've developed an interested in most of my other subjects in the past year though, particularly Irish. I guess the Leaving cert is useful for more than just points then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh and if it had to be ''I never have to do ______ again!!'' it would be English, purely because of Poetry.I rather liked Macbeth.......

''FLY FALSE THANES FLY!!!!''

Macbeth is a drama that was for the stage, I doubt Shakespeare ever mean't for it to be read. Its an interesting work though.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    As is any poem on rural Ireland on the LC course.....
    Not really.Any poem about rural Ireland (on the LC course) is about one of 3 things: how **** it is (Kavanagh), how great it is (Yeats) or how lonely and sexually repressive it is (Montague....and sometimes Kavanagh bitches about being lonely too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Irish and english for me.

The fact that I dispise poetry, and irish is pointless (no idea why it is still compulsary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Not really.Any poem about rural Ireland (on the LC course) is about one of 3 things: how **** it is (Kavanagh), how great it is (Yeats) or how lonely and sexually repressive it is (Montague....and sometimes Kavanagh bitches about being lonely too).

I didn't LOVE Kavanagh (but some were good, didn't like the second canal poem) and I did Yeats (intersting enough but didn't study him for the exam) and didn't do aul monty but I thought the poetry was brilliant!

As for Macbeth..

False face must hide what false heart doth show!

That quote could be possibly wrong....maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Irish definitely! though it's kind of annoying at the same time, coz I learned it for 14 years...why? So I can give out about americans when they're in the room?

how **** it is (Kavanagh)
    Kavanagh never, in any of his poems(on the LC course anyway), complains about rural Ireland being ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

ENGLISH! What a stupid ****ing waste of time. THE most pointless course on the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Kavanagh never, in any of his poems(on the LC course anyway), complains about rural Ireland being ****.

Really?...Ever heard of 'The Great Hunger'? I wouldn't exactly call it a celebration of rural life;)

I didn't do that one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

Ditto!

Plus French though-unlessI go to france......Meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

obl wrote:
    ENGLISH! What a stupid ****ing waste of time. THE most pointless course on the LC.
    That's nonsense. Maths is by far the most pointless course on the leaving.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    O.O

..............Have you even read Kavanagh?!

Advertisement