Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmuth eliminated from the $2k NLHE - Boy I hope they recorded this

• 09-06-2007 12:09am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Brought a smile to my face anyway
    Hellmuth Loses His Chips and His Cool

With 90 players remaining in event 10, all of whom are in the money, players are anything less than patient, and tempers are everything but subdued. Phil Hellmuth was eliminated in 104th place, and his exit was all but graceful.

On a flop of 432, Phil Hellmuth gets put to a decision for all of his chips when Great “Spiderman” Partho moves all-in. Sami Rustom, also at Hellmuth’s table, decides to call “clock” on Phil after only a couple of minutes. This is about the point where Hellmuth begins to have a minor meltdown and starts by calling the floor over. Hellmuth tells Rustom, “I’ve been playing everyday straight for four or five days now and I have a decision for all of my chips.” Rustom explains that he feels that Phil is abusing the clock by taking a few minutes to make the call. Phil replies, “By calling the clock on me, you’re abusing the clock, and if you do it again, you’ll get a twenty minute penalty!” So the floor man gets involved and tells Rustom that Hellmuth still has three or four minutes to act before the clock will go in effect. Hellmuth dives back into the tank and ultimately makes the call. Hellmuth shows 99 and Spiderman flips over AJ for the bluff. Hellmuth loves his position until the 5 hits giving Spiderman the wheel, and this is where Hellmuth totally loses it. He screams and dives head-first out of his seat and onto the floor. He pounds the floor with his fists during his temper tantrum, and then stands up only to start taking digs at Spiderman. Phil proceeds to have a conversation with himself out loud and the phrases “mother f
    “ and “idiot” seem to make several appearances. After Hellmuth tells Spiderman, “You played that hand like an idiot!”, Spiderman now loses his cool replying, “You’re the idiot, you bet all of your money on nines, and now you’re broke!” Well Phil may be busted, but he certainly isn’t broke and his 104th place finish today has earned him $3,901.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

idiot reply from the other donk

Hellmuth is da man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

sure if it wasn't for luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

heres the vblog of him discussing it

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=c0ceba3084f32b094128f91cae9f8f

btw he talks about a player not allowed to call a clock after 2 minutes? WTF is that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

if its a decision for your tournament and your not being consistently slow then you should be allowed far longer than 2mins before a clock is called imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

"The guy is just a stone cold idiot. He wants to try and bluff the best player in the world..IN FORM!"

Quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Anyone found a youtube or similar of this tantrum?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

omg... I thought today couldnt get any better!!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Flushdraw wrote:
    "The guy is just a stone cold idiot. He wants to try and bluff the best player in the world..IN FORM!"

Quality!

blatant lie, he never tried to bluff me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

blatant lie, he never tried to bluff me.

Unbluffable :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Love him or hate him. the guy is once again gone deep.
    he has made tommorows final table in the 1.5k NLHE.
    he is second in chips with two relative shorties either side of him.

anyone laying him on him taking it down?

• Advertisement
Advertisement