Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-opening Piercings

Options
  • 09-06-2007 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Right...

I'd like to get my tongue and lip pierced again. They've both been closed well over a year I'd say. However, I start a new job on Monday, and its going to be impossible to keep them - unless reopened piercings are a) less prone to infection b) less likely to close should I have to take them in and out frequently right after getting it done.

Any ideas or advice? Or is this just a bad idea?

Muchos Gracias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Won't work if you keep taking them in and out when they're fresh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Yeah and all the taking in and out of jewelley when its fresh will probably just lead to infection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 miztaken

lydonst wrote:
    I start a new job on Monday, and its going to be impossible to keep them

whats the point in getting them done if you cant wear them in work. i have both pierced and had both re-pierced as well.. its practically the same as when you got them pierced the first time. you could get your tongue pierced, not really noticable, unless you work as a dentist or something, plus you can buy little plastic bars that are see through and have little rubber bands at the end, there tricky to put on, but there ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

You can get retainer bars you can barely see that glow under UV when you're out; popular choice cause at least you have a piercing that can be seen sometimes.

Advertisement