Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband - Do they enforce the Download Limit?

Options
  • 09-06-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

I hope not, I'm on a 2mb 20gig contract. I used to be on a 6mb Smart Telecom network, but i moved back home. I'm spoilt with high speeds and no download limit. Has anyone ever been charged? People keep telling me Eircom never enforce their limits, but I dont know, I mean, they'd make more money by enforcing it. Especially in places like here.. where the ONLY alternative to Eircom is.. Digiweb.. who have the same priceplans....

Do they enforce the Download Limit? 2 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    Dr. NickDrapper 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Needless poll.
    No they don't but they have the right to at any time.
    If you can get Eircom you have more alternatives than Digiweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

kaizersoze wrote:
    Needless poll.
    No they don't but they have the right to at any time.
    If you can get Eircom you have more alternatives than Digiweb.
    Yeah, it is kinda pointless.. but meh. Do they keep records of people? Could they actually come back to people 2 years afterwards demanding thousands? Checking the download limit online is seriously messed up, it shows how much I downloaded a month ago or it doesnt even work. It's not like on the flatrate where you could note down how many hours were spent and figure out when you run out.

What alternatives are there? O_o I can only think of Smart, Digiweb and Eircom. I know NTL but i severely doubt they're up here..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

you know it annoys me that this question has been asked millions of times on this board and yet every single week someone else comes on and asks the question

Geez guys thats what the search function is for, basically dont take the piss and you wont be on there radar

:cool:

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You can get any of the Eircom resellers. BT, UTV, Imagine, Perlico.
    BT have the best value bundles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

except BT are scum. they are much more likely to come years later demanding thousands as they have done to me (around €2300 they wanted I think).

to answer the question I have gone over the limit by a few 100mb but never got charged extra for it. but i wouldn't want to push my luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

From what i've read and experienced they don't. I went over the limit once and they did not charge any extra, thats the joys of eircom:D .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Poll closed.

Eircom have charged some people for going over their cap, but afaik it was targetted at the likes of net cafes using a residential product. It's rare that they do, but it's not unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

They don't at the minute but it looks like they may soon be. I noticed when checking my usage they have added fields to the menu such as "Download Purchased MB" and "Download CarryOver MB", so there is something going on. This is all new stuff that has been added in the past few weeks. I can't see them charging retrospectively but when they adopt this new regieme it will be a new ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

They don't at the minute but it looks like they may soon be. I noticed when checking my usage they have added fields to the menu such as "Download Purchased MB" and "Download CarryOver MB", so there is something going on. This is all new stuff that has been added in the past few weeks. I can't see them charging retrospectively but when they adopt this new regieme it will be a new ball game.
    They have had them since before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They've charged me before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Any exceptional circumstances involved, holsten?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah that has been there for a good while. I wonder how it is going to work.

Advertisement