Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE - connecting via USB ruining battery?

• 09-06-2007 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I'm connecting my SE K610im to the computer via USB fairly often, even when I have full battery. Will this ruin the battery? Is there some charging going on when having it in USB mode?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

yes there is charging going on. with my old k800i and now my p990i does charge via usb. if you are worried (but you dont need to be) you can turn it off via the setting (its under "usb charging") off, i cant remember where it was but its there somewhere.
    Its only be trickle charging so it wont do damage.se phone batteries (litium polymer) prefer to be topped up anyway.but every now and again i do a full charge-discharge cycle to recalibrate the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Right, thanks for this. With this recalibration going on, I can rest assured that the battery didnt take damage the one time I started to charge the battery with mains charger when the battery was still at 25 percent capacity? You can always recalibrate the battery?

Advertisement