Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For the men: do you enjoy peeing sitting down?

• 09-06-2007 12:07pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭

FHM did a survery a while back and one of the findings of it was that men secretly enjoying sitting down to pee rather than the hassle of standing up.

What do the boards blokes reckon?

Gents: do you like to pee sitting down? 212 votes

Yep but only in secret!
    0% 0 votes
    Yep all the time!
    15% 33 votes
    What? Are you off your rocker?
    19% 41 votes
    No way, but i will give it a shot now that you mention it
    46% 99 votes
    Im a gurl!
    11% 24 votes
    atari jagu... i need a pee
    7% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

No way. Too much splashback and the prospect of, er, rubbing off the inside of the bowl :eek:

Should be in BGRH! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

"the hassle of standing up"?
    Er... I'm already standing when I approach the bowl... pulling my cacks down and sitting would be a hassle... standing there and whipping it out through my fly isn't. ó_O

And as for enjoying it... er, it's nice to have a sit down after a long day, but I don't see how taking a píss is enjoyable one way or the other... not unless I've been holding it for hours and I'm bursting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the only time I could imagine sitting down as a viable alternative to standing is when you're having one of those 3-4 minute pisses, but sure you never know if it's going to be a 3-4 minute piss until youy're about half way through and still not finished pissing.. and it'd be terribly awkward to try to sit down then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I find that if I pee sitting down (usually while taking a dump), I'll need to go again 5 minutes later. Dunno why it is, some sort of residual pee storage.. So no, if I just need to take a whiz, I'll stand thank you. It's quicker anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is great when you must deposit a load as well at the same time. A real time saver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

faceman wrote:
    FHM did a survery a while back and one of the findings of it was that men secretly enjoying sitting down to pee rather than the hassle of standing up.

What do the boards blokes reckon?
    Right now I want you to take a sh!t in the corner of the room and just think about what you've said.

Exellent post though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mordeth wrote:
    the only time I could imagine sitting down as a viable alternative to standing is when you're having one of those 3-4 minute pisses, but sure you never know if it's going to be a 3-4 minute piss until youy're about half way through and still not finished pissing.. and it'd be terribly awkward to try to sit down then.

3-4 minutes? How large is your bladder, good sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

cornbb wrote:
    No way. Too much splashback and the prospect of, er, rubbing off the inside of the bowl :eek:
    ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Sometimes I like to aim at that fly or cigarette end.
    Ya cant do that sitting down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Depends on how pissed I am tbh :) Of course, in that state there is always the danger of falling asleep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Spankeh wrote:
    Sometimes I like to aim at that fly or cigarette end.
    Or the shít-stain/skid-mark left by the person before you... get the power nozzle at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Pissing sitting down is great

When I'm out in the truck I usually piss into a jug and then drill it out onto the highway. The way of the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

3-4 minutes? How large is your bladder, good sir?

it usually happens when I wake up midway through the night dying for a piss, or first thing in the morning.. doesn't happen too often, but I've def. had a few 3 minute pisses

just kept going.. and going.. and going

felt awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I don't because my mickey touches the toilet water.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What about the guys you see late at night in most city's (well Dublin anyway) who piss on the street while smoking....!!!I find it hard enough as it is to concentrate on doing one thing,I know I would burn my dick if I did that.Thank god I don't smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

Giblet wrote:
    You must have it filled to the brim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mossy Monk wrote:
    It is great when you must deposit a load as well at the same time. A real time saver.
    Quoted for truth.

Also yes for the shooting gallery, bang bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

You can get funny looks sometimes when you drop your trousers and sit down on the urinal. But as soon as the ice is broken everyone does it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Negatory. Sitting down would be more of a hastle than standing up to do that particular bidniz.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Off your rocker. Jerry, jerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

sitting down is too much hassle

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Giblet wrote:

Mine does that when I stand up as well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Nobody mentioned the delights of pissing lying down.

You know yourself, when after a heavy night on the tank at 0300 in the cot the urge wakens you up,nothing more pleasant than to slide over to the edge of the bed,uncoil the hose and let her go on to the floor or whatever receptical is available.

Worry about the consequences in the morning:D :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You know yourself, when after a heavy night on the tank at 0300 in the cot the urge wakens you up,nothing more pleasant than to slide over to the edge of the bed,uncoil the hose and let her go on to the floor or whatever receptical is available.

So doing that tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

At the current rate of progress,yes a distinct possibility.

may take the opportunity to position a plastic bucket bedside to allay guilt feelings Sunday morning.

Thats very important actually;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

or just roll the other way and piss on the misses, if she does't wake up, just blame her in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

every morning when half asleep i love sitting there, and leaning my head against the wall not fully awake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Standing up to pee is so last century.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

In my job I spend almost the whole working day on my feet. I sit down every chance I get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You can get funny looks sometimes when you drop your trousers and sit down on the urinal. But as soon as the ice is broken everyone does it

WTF....what kind of circles do you hang around in....?I bet you have been to Amsterdam more than 5 times...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

pee while sitting down??.....well ya...but only when im sitting down to do a poo poo, but thats normal isn't it:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

when I get up in the wee small hours for a pee and dont want to turn the light on I sit down to avoid peeing on my feet. Id rather be girly than have pissy feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

philstar wrote:
    pee while sitting down??.....well ya...but only when im sitting down to do a poo poo, but thats normal isn't it:confused:

Anyone ever tried to take a dump standing up? Is it even possible to hit the bowl doing so?

I pee standing up as doing the whole sitting down thing would be too much hassle and unnatural. Sitting is for girls....and girly men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sitting down also gives the pee-er the chance to puts ones head in ones hands and quietly ask 'where did it all go wrong?'

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

do people use potties still who are too lazy to go to the toilet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thrill wrote:
    Anyone ever tried to take a dump standing up? Is it even possible to hit the bowl doing so?

if u saw the state the jax in my office gets in sometimes, ud think that some of the blokes try it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

paul666 wrote:
    do people use potties still who are too lazy to go to the toilet

Unless you're ill and cant get out of bed etc, then i doudt it. You'd have to be one lazy bast@rd to not get off your butt to go for a pee.*

*In other words, a BG&RH Brother.

Would the OP mind explaining what he meant by "the hassle of standing up"? It's more hassle to pull down your trousers and sit down on the toilet. Please elaborate, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

mike65 wrote:
    Sitting down also gives the pee-er the chance to puts ones head in ones hands and quietly ask 'where did it all go wrong?'

Mike.

This is hilarious. I've had some mornings like that!

yeah, sitting down can be more relaxing on a Sat or Sunday morning, or as previously mentioned, during the night lights off. Guaranteed to get it all in the bowl. No lifting and lowering of seat to appease mrs., no splashback onto trousers, no splashing of seat or bowl edge, floor etc etc.

Me da used to tell us this joke when we were young, about the fella on his honeymoon, who'd put his foot in the po and pee down his leg, so as not to disturb his new bride!!!

Weekend mornings are handy if you've only kaks or are commando.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    Would the OP mind explaining what he meant by "the hassle of standing up"? It's more hassle to pull down your trousers and sit down on the toilet. Please elaborate, OP.

Exactly, the only way it'd be hassle standing up is if you crawled to the jacks. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dr. Seuss wrote:

im just puttin it out there (not literally! ;))

to some a quick down zip and away you go is fine.

to others, being able to sit down let it flow and maybe read a quick newspaper article while taking in the tranquility of the toilet could be a luxury!

faceman wrote:
    im just puttin it out there (not literally! ;))

to some a quick down zip and away you go is fine.

to others, being able to sit down let it flow and maybe read a quick newspaper article while taking in the tranquility of the toilet could be a luxury!
    That all very well, but you still haven't explained how standing up is more "hassle".

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    That all very well, but you still haven't explained how standing up is more "hassle".

most people prefer sitting to standing in most everyday circumstances.

faceman wrote:
    most people prefer sitting to standing in most everyday circumstances.
    That still doesn't answer the question: if you're ALREADY standing, how is STAYING STANDING more hassle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

After sex it's a necessity

BaZmO* wrote:
    After sex it's a necessity
    Why - your ass hurts too much to stand? lol

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    Why - your ass hurts too much to stand? lol
    LOL! Not quite, but your mother complains when I p1ss all over her toilet bowl!

Only when drunk, and afraid of making a mess off the jax.

Also.....
    tampopo wrote:
    .....Me da used to tell us this joke when we were young, about the fella on his honeymoon, who'd put his foot in the po and pee down his leg....

I thought my family were the only ones who ever called it a "po", thank you for showing me otherwise.

BaZmO* wrote:
    LOL! Not quite, but your mother complains when I p1ss all over her toilet bowl!
    How did you ever think of that one.... breakin' the mould...

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    How did you ever think of that one.... breakin' the mould...
    Is that you best come back? Ah bless!

• Advertisement
Advertisement