Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starter box

Options
  • 09-06-2007 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey guy.
    im looking for a starter box/duel starter box for man cars coz im not a fond lover of pull starts i hate them actually.
    if any one has one sitting around gathering dust or knows were i might pick one up cheap enough
    please let me know
    cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Hey guys,
    Im looking for a starter box/duel starter box for my cars because Im not a fond lover of pull starts, I hate them actually.
    If any one has one sitting around gathering dust or knows were I might pick one up cheap enough, please let me know
    Cheers.

There:)
    And nope sorry I dont have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

i can get 1 from my "local" hobby shop but... its 80e and it only does 1/10 and when you order from them they tell you it will be 10 days but usualy you never get what you asked for lol

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

try this one. its the same as the starter box i have had for 4 years.
    it will starter any 1/10 or 1/8 no problem, comes with leads to connect to a car battery or it can also be setup with 2 7.4 volt stick batteries

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Thunder-Tiger-2409-PRO-Starter-Box_W0QQitemZ110136956064QQihZ001QQcategoryZ34063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

If you count the postage in, that one in Hong Kong looks similar price to the 12V Carson starter motors boxes at Green Hobby in Dublin.
    Maybe a fiver in it if the exchange rate is favourable ...
    BUT if/whenthe customs stop it and add VAT it will be another 21% (+ handling extra) = 25% more expensive than the ones already on sale here!

Maybe it is a "super starter box" but I doubt it!
    On the other hand - maybe those far east ebay sellers reckon there is one born every minute ;)

• Advertisement

well maybe il just have to try an make my way out to green hobby 1 of these days then lol

do you have starter boxes that do both 1/10 an 1/8 in green hobby?

the way I see it .. all 12 volt starters have the power to start 1:8th engines.
    If they can start 1:8th they can also start 1:10th which requires less torque.

thats true i agree but wouldnt you need to make some mounting adjusments for the different scales.
    but i suppose they all come with some kind adjustable mounts.

Most starter boxes have an optional alternative mounting system so as you can convert to cars where the engine is transverse instead of inline.
    basically 4 extra bolt holes you can move the starter flywheel to if the original ones are unsuitable.

• Advertisement

so how much is 1 from green hobby an does it come with battery an chager.
    if not any idea how much it would all be. thanks.

You would have to call GH.

sound!
    cheers.

Advertisement