Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new laptop+BSOD= :(

• 09-06-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

i bought a laptop (a compaq presario F551AU,dual core,nvidia) about three weeks ago, with vista installed.i bought it from harvey norman. its running well generally, but has been having blue screens of death recently. this evening it was doing it every half hour or so.its not overheating, generally sits around 45-47 degrees and is at 53 at the moment. the same error message comes up ( STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x8D6EF028, 0xF602400,0x00000135) )Im not losing anything so I havent been worried, but I want to know how I can find out whether its a Vista problem or a problem with the computer itself. If its a problem with the computer, its under warranty and ive no bother getting a new one,ive not got a lot on it yet and i can transfer it to the boyfriends lappie. but if its a vista problem theres not much i can do is there? my boyfriend downloaded the latest nvidia driver recently as we read on a few forums that that is a suspected problem with vista ie compatiblity between nvidia and vista.

any tips would be helpful. ive crossposted this over to the laptop forum also.

thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah looking at some of the error codes it looks like it might be NVIDIA related.

I'm not sure which driver you downloaded as NVIDIA don't usually support mobile version of their GPU's in their generic drivers but there is an easy way to add support.

Go to this site download the 165.01 driver & the corresponding INF file as well.

Run the 165.01.exe and it will extract to a folder, now copy the nv4disp.inf file into that folder overwriting the existing file inside it.

Now run setup.exe within that folder and it will install the latest NVIDIA display driver.

See how it goes after, if you still have problems download Memtest+ ISO and use Imgburn to burn the ISO to a CD, then boot the CD and it will test the systems RAM just in case something is wrong with it (leave it run for 3-4 hours). Vista has it's own built in RAM checker as well found under control panel\adiminstrative tools that you can try.

Advertisement