Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who misses Haricot's?

• 09-06-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭

C'mon... let's see a show of hands!

Some nice food was served in there!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well no, it always seemed a bit too 'natural' to me, bordering on a little unwashed and dubious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Me, really liked Haricots. Legend cafe/restuarant. As a place with real charm and identity and good honest food (well priced), it was a rarity in Waterford.

It's a tragedy if it's gone for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Jesus, didn't even know this place was closed, what happened. Had a seafood chowder in there years ago and it was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Something about a fire. Was living in Dublin when it happened, raging when I found out!!

It was so handy, really good grub, and just accross the road from my summer job. They'd make you anything in there too...

Garlic bread? Savage!

Was anything but unwashed and dubious.

The 'for sale' sign out the front meant that it would have been gone sooner or later anyhow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Fajitas! wrote:

It was so handy, really good grub, and just accross the road from my summer job. They'd make you anything in there too...
    Isn't it only sex shops down opposite there? ;)

I did like the place though :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ah now I know the place, is it the one at the back of the granery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I do indeed miss it. Was great grub in there and the people were sound.
    I had no idea that they weren't going to reopen after the fire.
    If anyone recalls it was the one where all the non-nationals had to be evacuated a couple of months back.

Roen wrote:
    I do indeed miss it. Was great grub in there and the people were sound.
    I had no idea that they weren't going to reopen after the fire.
    If anyone recalls it was the one where all the non-nationals had to be evacuated a couple of months back.

I hope it does re-open, but that 'for sale' sign on the building is something of a sword of damocles hanging over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Cabaal, yep, the back of the Granary, beside Waterford's favourite fotographer [sic].

I'd love if it reopened, but it'd be a different family running it.

Murderer, I'd work them no bother, much better than where I am for the summer :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Fajitas! wrote:
    Garlic bread? Savage!

INDEED! I'd spend afternoons picking garlic outta me teeth! Fantastic stuff! :D

Advertisement