Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T bones

Options
  • 09-06-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Anyone using their mics? their ribbons or condensers? Hearing great things from a lot of studios who are using them in line with their Se's and the likes. If anyone has one could they post some samples?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Despite the fact that they seem to get some pretty good response from people my only experiences with them hasn't been great. For cheap mics they're pretty good, but great mics they're not. Although I will qualify that by saying that I haven't used any of their ribbon mics and from what I've heard they actually seem to be the best in the range. Try for yourself, there are some shoot outs with audio clips over on the excellent www.gearslutz.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I bought a pair of SC140 matched small diaphragm condensers recently. I used them to record some acoustic guitar parts and found them satisfactory, if a bit dull. Considering the price they're pretty decent though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I have also been reading up on 'em, especially for drum mics and have not read many favourable reviews. It's annoying because I really don't know if I should 'roll my own' drum mic ensmeble with an AKG D112 and SM57 with my Naiant MS2s or buy a drum mic package.

Advertisement