Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga craziness 2nd last games

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

If Seville won would they have being top or did they have a worse record against Real?
    It would have gone into a 3-way head to head, because Sevilla have a better record over Madrid (by virtue of away goals - the late consolation they got at the Bernabeu) but Barca have a better head to head against Sevilla, and Madrid then have a better head to head vesus Barca.

The table would read:

Madrid Played 4 Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1 Pts 7 Scored 9 Conceded 7
    Sevilla Played 4 Won 2 Drawn 0 Lost 2 Pts 6 Scored 7 Conceded 8
    Barca Played 4 Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 2 Pts 4 Scored 7 Conceded 8

Had Valencia made it a 4 way table Madrid would be even further ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

PHB wrote:
    That's not true though, it's just the limited coverage we get we only see the really attacking teams. Hell, Valencia are not where they are because of their stylish play. I'm not saying they are ugly, but they aren't the Barcas or Arsenals of the world either.

Limited coverage? Theres usually 2-3 live games on Sky every weekend and highlights package , which isnt far off what they show for their own product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Limited coverage? Theres usually 2-3 live games on Sky every weekend and highlights package , which isnt far off what they show for their own product

Limited in the sense we only ever see Barca, Real, then sometimes Sevilla and Valencia.
    heheh funny hes as skillful as a bus, tbh only one CB in PL would fit into La Liga imo and thats Ferdinand. Would love to see Terry there but thats just cos i like watching car crash type things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYulCxf7GhE

But yeh, Ferdinand is also quite skillful.

Also Carvalho is too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEd2ioXwZn0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Big Ears wrote:

When Messi scored the first goal I just couldn't stop laughing , is he going to be found of taking cocaine next ?

Ya beat me to it ya bastard :D After the run he did a few months ago and now this (although in reality Messis handball was alot more initially obvious than Maradonas and i dont know how he got away with it)

Theyll laugh in a decade when hes a fast food bloated coke addict :confused: Seriously though, cant wait to see this lad in WC 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

disgusting act by messi, if it was robben or ronaldo, people here would be going crazy at them

to see that from a player so young and talented is horrible IMO

PHB wrote:
    Limited in the sense we only ever see Barca, Real, then sometimes Sevilla and Valencia.
    Usually is yes , but then you get to see the teams they are playing unless you think they play eachother every week :confused:

My point is, imagine you only watched Arsenal and United every week, you'd think English football would be incredibly attacking :) Valencia and Seville are not as attacking as Real and Barca, who are put on show every week no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

KdjaCL wrote:
    heheh funny hes as skillful as a bus, tbh only one CB in PL would fit into La Liga imo and thats Ferdinand. Would love to see Terry there but thats just cos i like watching car crash type things :D

kdjac

Are you taking the piss?????
    Seriously the standard of defenders in La Liga is shocking! Yes they play a higher line with more attack minded full backs but even at that there is a real lack of proper defending in that league. Some of the score lines do be a joke at times.

stats for the top 4

Real have scored 63 goals this season and conceded 39! GD off 24
    Barca have scored 73 and conceded 32 GD off 41
    Sevilla have scored 64 and conceded 33 GD off 30
    Valencia have scored 54 and conceded 39 GD off 15

I laugh when ever people start about how a defender should be skillful on the ball and create things! This is just bull crap. A defender is a defender for 1 reason alone to stop the opposition scoring if he cant do that he ain't a defender. So what if he can hit a pass it's not going to stop the striker scoring is it!

There is about 10 CB in the prem that would walk into la liga teams.
    Terry, Caravalho, Gallas, Carragher, Toure, Vidic, Agger, Dawson, Dunne, Woodgate, Taylor, Distin, Campbell.

There isn't many in Spain that would get into a top Prem defense.
    Thuram, Helguera, Canavaro are the only ones that spring to my mind.

woodyg wrote:
    Are you taking the piss?????
    Seriously the standard of defenders in La Liga is shocking! Yes they play a higher line with more attack minded full backs but even at that there is a real lack of proper defending in that league. Some of the score lines do be a joke at times.

stats for the top 4

Real have scored 63 goals this season and conceded 39! GD off 24
    Barca have scored 73 and conceded 32 GD off 41
    Sevilla have scored 64 and conceded 33 GD off 30
    Valencia have scored 54 and conceded 39 GD off 15

I laugh when ever people start about how a defender should be skillful on the ball and create things! This is just bull crap. A defender is a defender for 1 reason alone to stop the opposition scoring if he cant do that he ain't a defender. So what if he can hit a pass it's not going to stop the striker scoring is it!

There is about 10 CB in the prem that would walk into la liga teams.
    Terry, Caravalho, Gallas, Carragher, Toure, Vidic, Agger, Dawson, Dunne, Woodgate, Taylor, Distin, Campbell.

There isn't many in Spain that would get into a top Prem defense.
    Thuram, Helguera, Canavaro are the only ones that spring to my mind.
    Sergio Ramos , Puyol , Ayala , Alves , Juanito , Zambrotta all spring to mind as players that would get into top Premiership defences ,plenty others that would get into any Premiership team . Thuram and Helguera arent first choice for their teams either ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The game is too fast and skilful for anyone to stand out as a good defender, Cannavaro is the best CB in the world and this season he has been raped. Had a few good tackles but hes not used to watching his team take a corner then have 3 players running at him instantly every 3 minutes or so :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

My point is, imagine you only watched Arsenal and United every week, you'd think English football would be incredibly attacking Valencia and Seville are not as attacking as Real and Barca, who are put on show every week no matter what.

Sevilla and Valencia are still more attacking than 90% of the Premier League. They both have very attacking full backs, and two of the top strikers in La Liga in Kanoute and Villa.

Comparing La Liga to the Premiership is like night and day. I've watched more matches than I count this season, and cannot remember a snooze-fest of the type Premiership viewers are regularly treated to. And that goes for teams right the way down the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You obviously didnt watch the Sevilla match at the weekend...

Weren't Sevilla missing half their squad?

And anyway, I was being entertained by Real and Barca doing their best to lose the league, and the 6-goal, 4-sendings off Valencia and Levante game!

I've been very entertained my Barca and Real, not so much by the rest of the league.

Weren't Sevilla missing half their squad?

And anyway, I was being entertained by Real and Barca doing their best to lose the league, and the 6-goal, 4-sendings off Valencia and Levante game!

That doesnt mean there hasnt been a boring match in the league...

• Advertisement

That doesnt mean there hasnt been a boring match in the league

Obviously, and it would be ridiculous to say otherwise. However, in my experience, the entertainment is much higher in La Liga than the Premiership. To borrow a quote from Dunphy, it can be like watching two bouncers fighting in an alley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

AC Milan 3 - 4 Inter Milan
    Inter Milan 2 - 1 AC Milan

Inter Milan 4 - 3 AS Roma
    AS Roma 0 - 1 Inter Milan
    Inter Milan 1 - 3 AS Roma
    AS Roma 6 - 2 Inter Milan
    Inter Milan 2 - 1 AS Roma

AC Milan 1 - 2 AS Roma
    AC Milan 2 - 2 AS Roma
    AS Roma 3 - 1 AC Milan
    AS Roma 1 - 1 AC Milan

All great games bar maybe 1. ;) Even the 1 match where a team failed to score was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

gustavo wrote:
    Sergio Ramos , Puyol , Ayala , Alves , Juanito , Zambrotta all spring to mind as players that would get into top Premiership defences ,plenty others that would get into any Premiership team . Thuram and Helguera arent first choice for their teams either ,

Puyol is terrible at the back bellamy and healy proved that, Alves cant defend for his life great going forward but defensevly terrible. Zambrotta is quality yes Ayala is past it though.

AC Milan 3 - 4 Inter Milan

Best match of the season.

woodyg wrote:
    Puyol is terrible at the back bellamy and healy proved that, .
    Do you have any frame of reference that doesn't involve British and Irish teams?Puyol is an excellent player in my opinion

• Advertisement
Advertisement