Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday and Tuesday All Dayers?

Options
  • 09-06-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

I am absolutely scruged!

Monday.... Higher Maths PP2 and Geography

Tuesday... French and Biology

And with a weekend like this ughhhhhhhhhh

Anyone else have the same horrible 2 days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I do have maths pp2 and geography....but thankfully I do not do biology or french. Those exams piled into 2 days are quite tough and unfair to be honest. For this reason and others, i do think the timetable of the LC has to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeah same as you Weathercheck. Not counting Maths, so I don't care, but I doubt I can leave early like I left paper 1 early...statistics..trig..and the section b question, the equations stuff...takes ages.

Geography BETTER BE a nice paper. I'm kinda banking on it for the A1.

French, should leave this early too. I hope the long questions are alright, politics..PLEASE. It's the subject I'm worst at (apart from Maths) but I have to count it, so a C1 at the very least..hopefully a B3/B2 if it's easy.

Biology, used to be terrible at it, now a B1 is quite possible! Genetics, ecology, plants...are a given, then hopfully defence system or something like that, can't stand Photosyn, no way am I doing it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Believe me, Wednesday is possibly the worst possible all-dayer throughout the whole leaving - Business and History. Both are as bad as English in that you're almost guarenteed of being in at the vrey end of the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

After Business exams my hand bes ready to drop off!! I really do pity the people who have history on that day aswell,, thats just pure agony all that writing ,,, the SEC are very cruel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I've only got maths on monday and art history on thursday so I'm grand..

4 subjects the week after though :(

Chem and spanish in one day isn't the worst... then 2 music papers and applied maths on thursday and friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Believe me, Wednesday is possibly the worst possible all-dayer throughout the whole leaving - Business and History. Both are as bad as English in that you're almost guarenteed of being in at the vrey end of the exams.
    What he said.Anyways I have nothing till wednesday aside from Maths paper 2.I know someone who has a **** timetable though.On Monday they have maths paper 2, on tuesday they have french and biology, and then on wednesday they have business and history.Hehehe.Poor bastard.

On a similar note am I the only one whos annoyed that business is first?I mean we have an hour between the exams.If business was after history I could use that hour to look over short questions for the business paper, but I can't do that in history!The only thing I can really do is look over my essay plans...and thats it!

Also another thing.Why the hell doesn't history have a short answer question section?Almost every subject (bar the languages) has one.WHY DOESN'T HISTORY!??!It could replace that stupid document question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Maths and Bio, a little better but still not great

And anyway, if you've got all dayers for monday and tuesday and did home ec that's you done. Your leaving cert's done 6 days after it started! Jesus, how could you complain about that?

And anyway, if you've got all dayers for monday and tuesday and did home ec that's you done. Your leaving cert's done 6 days after it started! Jesus, how could you complain about that?
    Well I don't know bout you, but I'm glad my leaving cert lasts a full 2 weeks!I need all that in-between time to cram for my next exams!Don't know how i'd have managed if they were all one after the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

^same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Luckily i'll have 6 days to cram for Physics, actually no, cram is a bad word. Learn the entire course..... thats better!

These 2 days are going to be a biatch. Won't be doing anything on Monday night except sleeping i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nehpets wrote:
    ^same!

Well I finish the 13th, and I'm so glad I do. I've studied consistently, so I don't mind the exams being so crowded together. In my school, you can't finish the 12th, it's an impossible combination...blocks blahhh. But I've a friend finishing the 22nd, and personally, I'd prefer to be free earlier, instead of being half-free with an exam hanging over me like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Also another thing.Why the hell doesn't history have a short answer question section?Almost every subject (bar the languages) has one.WHY DOESN'T HISTORY!??!It could replace that stupid document question.

Whats wrong with the document question? Its a great way to guarantee yourself a minimum of 60 marks without even going near the contextualisation section.
    The course may not be perfect but at least you can leave out plenty of sections without being under great risk. After all you only need answer one out of the 4 questions given for each topic. By introducing short questions you'd have to cover EVERYTHING, including all the useless facts and figures we should be able to avoid. Wouldn't that make the subject even more tedious?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

French and Biology. It's bad but at least I'm doing OL French.

I feel sorry for Business/History people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Devil5434

yeah I'm on all day on mon and tues and have a half on wed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'm the same minus Biology, and I'm looking for atleast 85 points out of each of them. Tough stuff alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

Devil5434 wrote:
    yeah I'm on all day on mon and tues and have a half on wed:(

Same here-bot only OL maths so should be easy enough!
    Anyone else dreading history?

Shall not be good at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

I'm the exact same, Weathercheck!! The 2 defining days of my LC! :(

Yeah, does anyone else fell as though the next few days is what'll define your leaving and not the core subjects? I was pretty sure as to what I was gonna get in English, Irish and Maths (O) but I'm ****ting meself over French, History and Business. Especially History.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

Completly agree(except replace business wih bio!) the first week was simple compared to the next 3 days! These are the subjects I eed to do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Steve01 wrote:
    Whats wrong with the document question? Its a great way to guarantee yourself a minimum of 60 marks without even going near the contextualisation section.
    The course may not be perfect but at least you can leave out plenty of sections without being under great risk. After all you only need answer one out of the 4 questions given for each topic. By introducing short questions you'd have to cover EVERYTHING, including all the useless facts and figures we should be able to avoid. Wouldn't that make the subject even more tedious?

With short answer questions you could nearly guarentee 100 marks if you're good at thos 'tedious' little facts. If you aced the Research Topic you could have the exam passed without touching the essays ...

Steve01 wrote:
    By introducing short questions you'd have to cover EVERYTHING, including all the useless facts and figures we should be able to avoid. Wouldn't that make the subject even more tedious?
    Huh.I never actually thought of it like that Steve.Hell thats almost certainly why there is no short answer questions.Can't believe I never realised that.

*Slaps self*
    Yeah, does anyone else fell as though the next few days is what'll define your leaving and not the core subjects?
    I sure as hell do!If I don't get AT LEAST B3s in BOTH history and business, thats my entire points plan ****ed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I have all 4 on monday/tuesday also. What a bitch it'll be. Maths will be fine and french also but geography and biology are a worry. :(

But after that I'm off for a week. Yay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

Wednesday is really going to be a biatch!! Business and History! Ohhhhh nooo..and with a weekend like this its soo hard to study!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm glad that the only two all dayers I had were Wednesday and Thursday. I might not be finished until the 20th, but at least the staggered dates of my exams allow me to cram, cram and cram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

sdonn_1 wrote:
    With short answer questions you could nearly guarentee 100 marks if you're good at thos 'tedious' little facts.

All 4 textbooks of them? :rolleyes: Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Luckily i'll have 6 days to cram for Physics, actually no, cram is a bad word. Learn the entire course..... thats better!

These 2 days are going to be a biatch. Won't be doing anything on Monday night except sleeping i'd say.
    i have the exact same subjects as you!

monday- maths pp2 (HL) and geography :(
    tuesday- french and biology:mad: :mad: (its just cruel!)

and then physics not until next monday :) which gives my arm time to recover (just about)
    they used have french and business on the same day every year,apparently...that really would have suited me since i don't do business..but no,they just HAD to change it:mad:

Advertisement