Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIDI in Reason

Options
  • 09-06-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hope I'm in the right place. I have a small problem, i hope some one here can help me with.

I recently purchased an Edirol pcr 500 usb midi controller. I bought this so that i would have physical contol of synths and other aspects of reason.
    The Contol has the following;
    9x Sliders (s1-s8, s9)
    9x rotaters (r1-r8, r9)
    1x Crossfader(h1)
    18x Pressure sensitive buttons (a1-a8, a9, b1-b8, b9)
    7x buttons (L1-L4, c1-c3)

Sorry about all the detail, I just want to be clear.

I can set it up in reason that i can play notes through the keys on the keyboard, using pitch bend modulation etc.

The problem i have arrises when i try to map my physical controls to say a slider on the mixer. For example; I map 's1' (from Keyboard) to channel one on mixer (within Reason). I then attempt to map 's2' to channel two on the mixer. Reason tells me that it has already been mapped to channel one.

Essentially what is happening is my whole slider section (s1-s8 excluding s9) become mapped to control channel one on my mixer.

This is the same if i map the rotary knobs to a control within reason, and all other mapable sections.

I've googled, searched high and low, rang Thomann.de (who sold the keyboard to me), and posted on various forums, Nobody seems to know how i can rectify this, so hopefull someone here might.
    Having read the introductions thread you all seem very knowledgable on the technology front. Help is greatly appreciated,
    thanks

ned

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Just to be clear, can you map s1 to cutoff on a subtractor and then have s2 mapped to a resonance? Or is it that once you map a slider to something, all the sliders become mapped to that thing?

Does it just effect the mixer?

Also . what version of reason are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

I'm using version 3 of Reason, All the sliders were becoming mapped to one thing. It was universal throughout reason, solved it anyway, guy on another forum suggested I check the messages that each slider was sending, They were all sending same message, just each on a unique channel.

The next thing im trying to figure out is how i can map controls to individual parts of reason ie have one map setting for mixer, and if i switch to something else say subtractor i wont have to re-edit the mappings, thanks for responding anyway. ned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Nedrac wrote:
    I'm using version 3 of Reason, All the sliders were becoming mapped to one thing. It was universal throughout reason, solved it anyway, guy on another forum suggested I check the messages that each slider was sending, They were all sending same message, just each on a unique channel.

The next thing im trying to figure out is how i can map controls to individual parts of reason ie have one map setting for mixer, and if i switch to something else say subtractor i wont have to re-edit the mappings, thanks for responding anyway. ned

Post on the propellorheads forums. If your running a cracked version though, you're out of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

jimi_t wrote:
    Post on the propellorheads forums. If your running a cracked version though, you're out of luck.

Thanks, One place i didn't post, i only searched through it to see if i could find the answer.

Advertisement