Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography - Electives - P&P in Human Environment

Options
  • 09-06-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

I'm really stuck in one particular part of the paper at the moment.

I'm wondering do you have to know Dynamics of Settlement as well as Dynamics of Population or can you study just one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

You have to do the whole book unfortunately. However population is common sense if your not stupid and just know the types/names of population structures. The only awkward section is Migration which I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Cheers man, must sart looking over them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

for the human elective all i keep hearing being tipped is that there if theres gonna be any thing to do with mapwork they will ask us to identify the types of settlemant in the map and reasons blah blah on linear,cluster and dispereased settlement.
    i also see them asking about an urban model explaining the different zones in the city such as the concentric zone model.also learn rural to urban migration in a developed and developing world.none of these topics came up at all last year....
    im also doing the overuse of a natural reasourse and overpopulation.

for the first part of the question the 20marks are fairly easy and heres hoping that at least two of these questions come up in one question.hope ive been helpfull!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Cheers maggie, I really hope those you mentioned do come up as they are fairly short and easy to do!

Advertisement