Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2900XT and 8800GTS/GTX Comparisons

Options
  • 09-06-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I was reading around, trying to decide whether to get a GTS or a 2900XT when I stumbled across this review which is focused on the 2900 XT but has benchmarks for loads of games from different genres. It also includes the X1950 XTX as well.

Review

The early benchmarks show the 2900 XT beating the GTX on numerous occasions, showing it can hold it's own but as the review goes on, things start to go badly.

The Catalyst Driver on the ATI card is apparently at fault on numerous occasions which shows STALKER to be unplayable on the 2900 XT. They do mention, however, that the game itself could be at fault.

It seems that the TPS games are the one's that suffer but the FPS are fine. Is this mainly a driver issue or is one much better off to go with the GTS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I noticed ATI had new drivers on their site last week ,would that make any difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

every new driver release brings <10% increase in preformance and also fixed the loud fan issue

theres been a few updates already atleast 2\

if you want somthing thats only gonna get better.....get a 2900

Lol its already drop by another 4 euros

LINKEH

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I bought it, not because of performance issues, but because of the fact that it is priced competetivly and delivers good performance in Dx10(so far). That and the Ati driver team is so much better then Nvidia.

Advertisement