Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Error Windows XP Pro.

Options
  • 09-06-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭

I have a small network of 3 PC's at home, all running on Windows XP Pro & everything is working fine with that. Today I added a new rig & networked it, all appears to have worked fine in so far as it did add it to the network.

I can see it on all machines & connect to all the other machines from the new rig, but I can't connect to the new rig from any of the other machines. I have all the sharing options set correctly I'm almost sure of that.

When I try to connect I get this ERROR:

networkerrorhh2.jpg

Anyone know why this is? or how I might increase the storage?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

axer wrote:

Appreciate the reply axer,

No I'm not running Norton AV.

The new rig & all the other machines are on the bought version of AVG.

I temporarily disabled the firewall too, just to see, but it made no difference.

The new rig is a Intel dual core 6700 with a stripe raid on two 500GB drives but I don't think that should be causing any network problems?

The link you gave me looks interesting & I'm off to check that out now.....

Cheers

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

You'll know straight away if the MS KB is the solution from the event viewer. Let me know if it works so that I know for myself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

axer wrote:
    Let me know if it works so that I know for myself again.

axer,

That solution worked a treat, all sorted.

The IRPStackSize entry was not in the registry on the new rig so I created it with a default Decimal value of 15 but that did not work.

I then increased it by the recommended increment of 3 which brought it to 18 & that my friend done the trick nicely.:D

I really did appreciate your help on this one axer :)

Thanks again.

-

Advertisement