Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao question..

Options
  • 09-06-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Ok, so say I have a course down 6th or 7th on the list,and I dont get the points for my first few courses, am I likely to get the course I have down as 6th or 7th, or will the places be filled my other students who have that course down 1st?

Just outta curiosity, what have people got down 1st and 2nd?I put down English/History and English/Irish in Trinity, but the way things are going this week, I dont know if it'll happen for me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Mcj metroid

a little off topic but wasn't there a website where you could calculate your points by putting your possible grade for each subject? Can anybody link me to this?

I have music production and technology in ul for first and music in cork school of music for second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

a little off topic but wasn't there a website where you could calculate your points by putting your possible grade for each subject? Can anybody link me to this?
    In your head is usually the esiest. Or on one of those calculator things.
    A1 - 100
    A2 - 90
    B1 - 85
    B2 - 80
    B3 - 75
    C1 - 70
    C2 - 65
    C3 - 60
    D1 - 55
    D2 - 50
    D3 - 45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

you will get your 6th/7th choice if you have the points for it, simple as that, the computer works it all out in the first round of offers.

if you want to view it really literally:
    first everyone's points come in
    everyone is ranked
    each course is filled with first choice people (imagine for this example that there's enough first choicers to fill every course)
    anyone who was turned away is shifted to their second choice
    you push a first choicer out if you are ranked higher
    the new people pushed out get their second choice
    and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I lost my password

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Stereophonic

Advertisement