Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permenant tooth loose!!

• 09-06-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Hi guys first time poster here on the personal issues forum. When i was washing my teeth today i noticed that one of my top front teeth(second from the middle on the left hand side) was loose!! Im only 18 and i have been washing my teeth every day night and morning, i dont get how the hell this managed to happen.

No dentists in town thatl see me till friday so i just gotta ask now that its lose is there anything that he can do to help me save the tooth? I dont want a big gap in my smile! Its not REALLY lose but it is a bit movable.

Anyone been in this boat before?If so does anyone know if i lose my tooth can i get a prosthetic tooth put in without having a retainer type deal on the roof of my mouth? What are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,522 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Leave it alone!

You really need to talk to a dentist, but have a word with the Dental Issues people first.

Moved from Personal Issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Woa theres a dental issues forum, i was unaware of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Patricide wrote:
    No dentists in town thatl see me till friday so i just gotta ask now that its lose is there anything that he can do to help me save the tooth? I dont want a big gap in my smile! Its not REALLY lose but it is a bit movable.

Anyone been in this boat before?If so does anyone know if i lose my tooth can i get a prosthetic tooth put in without having a retainer type deal on the roof of my mouth? What are my options?

I'm not sure what the options are in terms of keeping the existing tooth, I'm sure your dentist will determine if there's anything that can be done about it. For now, as already advised, I'd try to leave it alone as much as possible.

But IF the worst were to happen and the tooth came out, it's certainly quite possible to have it replaced without requiring a retainer dealy on the roof of your mouth. I'm no dentist, but a likely approach might be a dental implant. Either way, you needn't be left with a gap, nor a retainer :)

Advertisement