Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to follow my lead...(History)

Options
  • 09-06-2007 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

and just write down something you know in history if in any of the sections dont have something you can answer.

Example if dismantling the treaty dont show up then im writing it anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

lol yeh thats what I did for stair na gaeilge. cuirteanna filiochta didn't coem up so I just threw it in anwayz!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

No, that's retarded.

Why get zero marks and waste time when you could get 30-40/100 by writing down waffle for a topic that actually came up? And you could use the extra time to get your other two essays as good as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I agree, that's bull****. That's putting your whole exam in jeapordy instead of just one question. I was in that situation for the mocks as I knew jack **** about Nazi propaganda, I still only just failed that question and passed the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I still only just failed that question and passed the exam.
    I didn't even do one of the questions on the exam (we hadn't covered the section in the book) and I still got 51%.....And my documents question was complete ****.And my essay on the dismantlement of the treaty was even worse.I wouldn't have even passed it!!Maybe 30 marks, tops!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

If I have one day to live I will follow you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

If I cant attempt any other question at all I'll prob do that too, like I did for Stair the other day!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

i don't think the corrector would be too happy like... might cause the marks to go down even on the other essays then if you've turned them against you.... i don't know like... i was thinking of following the instructions myself and attemping a question that's being asked....

Bottom line is it's a waste of valuable time.

An essay is only 20%, you could get 70-80% by leaving one out and focusing on getting the other 3 questions near perfect. Doing an unrelated essay is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

and just write down something you know in history if in any of the sections dont have something you can answer.

Example if dismantling the treaty dont show up then im writing it anyway.

Thats the stupidest idea I've heard all week. As if the examiner is gonna turn around and say 'well he didn't even attempt to answer the question given but wow he sure knows his stuff about the treaty! I'm ever so impressed'.
    Obviously they're not gonna give you marks on stuff they didnt even ask. In fact its gonna bring down their overall evaluation of your performance and will probably influence the results of your other questions for the worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I was hoping that by doing that maby I would get some sort of sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Honestly. A corrector's stuck inside in a lovely day having to love over a couple of hundred answer sheets a day. Do you really think they'll be in any mood to give out sympathy? No, more likely is them going out of their way to hunt you down and chop off your balls.

Right, so gambling that you might get a rare(non-existant I'd say) corrupt examiner as opposed to using your time in the exam to do other questions better?

Advertisement