Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sales?

Options
  • 09-06-2007 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where there's car boot sales in Dublin at the moment? I have a million books and various other junk, er, valuable items to sell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Anyone? Anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

www.stmaelruains.ie
    The Car Boot Sales are starting up again on Saturday 21st April. Sellers are advised to arrive shortly after 8.00am to be sure of a space. The gates open to the general public at 10.00am. The charge for cars is €15.00 and €20.00 for vans. For any further information phone the parish office at 462 6006.

The dates for the rest of the season are: 5th May, 26th May, 23rd June, 7th July, 21st July, 11th August, 25th August and 8th Sept

Never been to this, but seen it advertised a good bit!

Alternatively, you could advertise books & stuff on Adverts.ie. I sold a ton of books there a while ago - just takes a bit of time taking down titles, authors etc., but got rid of them in 2 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Ah, thanks.

The only trouble with adverts.ie is knowing what to charge, and then sending them to people. What did you do?

(Actually, if you have Delicious Library, I don't think you need to type in the books - you just scan the barcode with your camera and it puts in title, author, barcode, etc.)

And how do you get paid - do you have to set up a PayPal account or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

No, I sold books to 2 people, both of whom met me locally.
    Just bought books from someone on Adverts.ie the other day though & paid them through Paypal.

Advertisement