Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 - why so cheap on ebay??

• 09-06-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

Was on ebay there and saw some cheap N95's that are unlocked, Just wondering would there be any good reason why they are so cheap. And if i buy an unlocked N95 from england will it work perfectly over hear? any help much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

What exactly do you mean by "so cheap"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Link? A lot of them are fakes. Look out for ones with touch screens or a line of on screen buttons at the bottom of the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

and what about this phone

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BOXED-NEW-NOKIA-8800-SIROCCO-EDITION-UNLOCKED-SIM-FREE_W0QQitemZ140126693461QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'm sorry for askin - just that i nearly fell for a scam on buyin a phone from someone on gumtree, except i reported it to gumtree to see wheater it was safe or not and i was told it was a scam...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Err, the second or third ones aren't even N95s...

I would suspect that the first one is a scam.

i know that the second and third one aren't -

why would you suspect that the first one is a scam - just so i know for the future?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This Nokia N-Series N95 can do everything it says above, It was not built in the UK but has most of the Full UK specification except GPS Navigation/ Maps, The phone only opens up one way and that is for the Keyboard, The music displays are located on the main buttons, some of the buttons on this version are very slightly different to the UK spec "!!
    This is why it's a scam.
    It doesn't say anything about hsdpa in the specifications so I doubt it has that either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The third one has not had it's reserve met so it could still be very expensive.

yea i noticed that - but do you think its above board, and not a scam and the same with the second one. ps i decided to do a new thread as i am aware of "not going off the topic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Ace2007 wrote:
    i know that the second and third one aren't -

why would you suspect that the first one is a scam - just so i know for the future?

I bought an N95 unlocked on ebay. Landed at about €550 and am very happy.
    There are a few sellers who sell mostly or totally phones and have high feedback scores/power seller status. I read other users feedback and made sure there were enough buying similar who were happy to give me a bit of comfort. And I mailed a few questions - just to be sure I got satisfactory responses - clarify it's unlocked, unbranded, no features disabled. Bit OTT, the how they respond gives you some idea. And then I prayed till it arrived..

i am in the process of proabably buyin a phone on ebay - and i asked the seller, can the phone be used in ireland - his response was: "you have to find out from your phone company. I see no reason why not" - Would there be any reason as to why the phone(Nokia 8800 sirocco which is "sim free") wouldn't work in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Ace2007 wrote:
    and what about this phone

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BOXED-NEW-NOKIA-8800-SIROCCO-EDITION-UNLOCKED-SIM-FREE_W0QQitemZ140126693461QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'm sorry for askin - just that i nearly fell for a scam on buyin a phone from someone on gumtree, except i reported it to gumtree to see wheater it was safe or not and i was told it was a scam...

If you nearly fell for a scam on gumtree, then i wouldnt recommend you buy on line.Stay away as you will get scammed on ebay or other sites.Theres LOADS of fakes on ebay.

Ace2007 wrote:
    Would there be any reason as to why the phone(Nokia 8800 sirocco which is "sim free") wouldn't work in ireland?
    no

This is why it's a scam.
    It doesn't say anything about hsdpa in the specifications so I doubt it has that either.
    it doesn't. that's the fake chinese n95

it doesn't. that's the fake chinese n95

The fake N95, Is so funny as i have seen one before.It looks identical but the software etc is crap and fake.:)

ok, after much thinking and askin ppl i've decided just to pay the full askin price for a phone in ireland.. at least then it won't be fake

Ace2007 wrote:
    ok, after much thinking and askin ppl i've decided just to pay the full askin price for a phone in ireland.. at least then it won't be fake
    Yeah thats a better option

Advertisement