Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barca vs Espanyol

Options
  • 09-06-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Got Espanyol at 18.5....Couldnt resist a few quid on that. Up 1-0 as I type....:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

:mad: ...ah well, it was only a fiver and at that price it was well spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

After eventing ain't cool.

A) It was during
    B) It wasn't a win
    C) **** off

So what if it was during? Why would we care that you got 18.5 before they scored the goal?

And it's totally irrelevant that it wasn't a win.

From Urban Dictionary:

After-timing: When a person claims to be on the good side of a bet or prediction after the result without proving any evidence before or during the event.

• Advertisement

Care?

It didn't work out for you this time, maybe it will next time. Keep it up kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Aedh Baclamh to be fair you`re acting the nonse

Hardly. I didn't think people posted this sort of thing here, expect to see it on Betfair forums and the like.

Listen, you're just wrong...now stop trolling to cover up the fact that you didnt actually understand what after-timing is. Why bother posting in the gambling forum when you add nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

zuutroy wrote:
    Listen, you're just wrong...now stop trolling to cover up the fact that you didnt actually understand what after-timing is. Why bother posting in the gambling forum when you add nothing?
    Bit harsh?

You shouldn't have posted your bet after they went 1-0 up in the first place.

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote:
    Bit harsh?

You shouldn't have posted your bet after they went 1-0 up in the first place.

You reckon? I would've thought that wasnt really after-timing. They scored as I was typing, I decided to go on as I thought the odds were notable in what I thought was an evenly matched game. I respect your opinion. All that guy's post in gambling add nothing; just oneupmanship. Calling someone 'kid' is looking for a row and trolling. Had he said it like you instead of a dead-pan one line post I may not have been as annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Deadpan is good.

Build a bridge etc...

Someone lock this thread.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

I think Aedh Baclamh is completely correct.

Informing us of a bet placed after the event has started, especially when the current situation suits the wager, has been consistently discouraged as long as I've been around these forums. A similar thread in Horse Racing would get you a ban as it breaks the charter.
    zuutroy wrote:
    ...I decided to go on as I thought the odds were notable in what I thought was an evenly matched game...
    zuutroy wrote:
    ...Got Espanyol at 18.5....Couldnt resist a few quid on that. Up 1-0 as I type...

Personally zuutroy I can't see how this thread contributes anything to the Gambling forum.

Robin1982 wrote:
    Personally zuutroy I can't see how this thread contributes anything to the Gambling forum.

Ok...my bad so...apologies all around....though dont you think Esp were value at 18.5!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

zuutroy wrote:
    Ok...my bad so...apologies all around....though dont you think Esp were value at 18.5!?

Yes but what good is that to us after a goal.

Advertisement