Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Mysteries (Little Things You Wonder About Wrestling)

• 09-06-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Ok I Heres One, Try to Keep this thread going and don't spoil it by saying stupid things or going off topic

1. Why does Ric Flair wear Knee Pads when he doesn't put them up on his knees

KB

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kentonbomb wrote:
    Ok I Heres One, Try to Keep this thread going and don't spoil it by saying stupid things or going off topic

KB

Why does he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

your supposed to ask something instead of saying ''why does he'' if you want to mess up a thread do it in some other one and don't come here writing stupid things ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Why have a go at him?? You didn't really explain the idea of the thread very well in your opening post imo... You should've said to ask a question.....

Here's one...

Why did kentonbomb start such a stupid thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

ZING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There's only one direction I see this thread going in unfortunately, but I'll see if I'm proven wrong. Don't take anything personally kentonbomb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What is the purpose of this thread? Ask a question and then don't give an answer?

My question: What's the point?
    (You aren't allowed answer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

in fairness it was pretty easy understand I thought anyways.

Could of made an interesting thread too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kentonbomb wrote:

KB

hes said many times over the years he hates his calves so keeps the pads over them to hide them,so there ya go

Didn't You read what i said in the first post, don't be posting stupid things, ok there is no need to give an answer just say things you wonder and don't turn this into a flaming thread when it could be an interesting one.

kentonbomb wrote:
    Didn't You read what i said in the first post, don't be posting stupid things

Why are you exempt from that rule?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

IMO Its a good thread

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Why are you exempt from that rule?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!!!!!!! :D

OK, i'm done!! I personally don't think its a good idea...

I mean your question wasn't a rhetorical one... and krudler even gave you the answer, quite an interesting one too. Surely thats a good thing right??? I mean as my hero Mr. Bob Backlund would say...

"All you plebians should consume the contents of the wrestling encyclopedia like minds such as Mr. Krudlers. . It will boon your lives!"

But for those of you who do think it's a good idea asking questions and then refusing to listen to answers, enjoy!!

ok fozzy you can close this now, because mossy monk and yellow snow exuse me yellow ho is destroying it, can't you just ask questions without coming here and saying useless things like ''ZZZZZZZZZING'' if you don't have any questions don't come here ruining threads

kentonbomb wrote:
    mossy monk and yellow snow exuse me yellow ho is destroying it

Sorry but you did that all by yourself on post number 3. Yellow Ho instead of Yellow Snow? What are you? 12?

"Yellow Ho".... I LIKE IT!! :D Here's a question so...

How many of your power churning brain cells did you burn up coming up with that inspired insult??

Listen Junior, if you want to get into the whole childish name calling thing go back to school. This is a public forum... Therefore I, as a member of the public, can post wherever I like!! No need to lower the standard of your own thread... for shame!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

haha more good times on the wrasslin' thread!

I have another question... Why can`t we all just get along?! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

All of you cop on. Anyone off topic post and this thread is deleted and you all get temp bans.

ok seriously ask questions

What made Chyna sexually appealing to Xpac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Better question - what made her sexually appealing to HHH beforehand, secondly does HHH still want to do her given how much Stephanie McMahon has bulked up over the last two to three years?!

VR!

• Advertisement

heres another one what made nicole bass look so much like a man?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Who was the genius that decided to make Harvey Wippleman the WWF Womens Champ?

kentonbomb wrote:
    heres another one what made nicole bass look so much like a man?

One word - Steroids.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

secondly does HHH still want to do her
    Does he?

Christ.

For those lucky enough not have seen One Night in Chyna, it really, really looks like a penis. Really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

When will Ric Flair retire/die ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

have ye seen chyna in playboy a few years back

Hot! and Nice ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

how did batista ever get over?

why do 99% of wrestling fans still believe Andre was really 7'4-7'5?

why did WCW let Steve Austin and Mick Foley go and why did WWE let Samoa Joe, AJ, Chris Daniels and Mick Foley (in the mid 1980s) go?

Why do we as wrestling fans continue to watch and throw our money at the WWE when they continually fail to excite us (wrestling or storyline wise)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

You know this could be a good thread. I have often wondered at some things before, the only one that comes to my mind , right now, ( i have plenty more wonderings), is----

When a match is on and good old JR says 'this match continues after the break'----its funny how it never ends during the break. Does the Ref tell them when they are back on air so they can finish the match on tv or is there something on the big screen to let them know ?

Not a great one, i know i have some good ones in my head somewhere. But i know what kentonbomb means---" little things" so...

Ok I'll bite...
    rossie1977 wrote:
    how did batista ever get over?

You got me there, lack of main eventers on the SD brand at the time?
    why do 99% of wrestling fans still believe Andre was really 7'4-7'5?

Where there's legend, there's myth. They billed El Gigante as 8'!
    why did WCW let Steve Austin and Mick Foley go and why did WWE let Samoa Joe, AJ, Chris Daniels and Mick Foley (in the mid 1980s) go?

Steve Austin was practically nothing character wise. A lot of people criticized Dusty Rhodes for derailing his singles push but he didn't have much of a character before that team, and neither did Pillman. The Blondes was the best thing to happen to both of those and was pretty much the beginning of Austin as we know him now, specifically the Flare For The Old segment. He was a hell of a worker, but thats not everything, as Austin got more over as a punch-kick worker after his injury than he ever did as a technical wrestler. Austin being released from WCW was the best thing to ever happen to him.

Foley was the same, on the Japanese circuit he was awesome but on the US circuit he was nothing at that time. He had one or two good matches in WCW but nothing to write home about. He had some legendary matches in Japan which had already established him, but his ECW stint got him recognised on his own home turf. Again for his WWE time when he was Jack Foley, that was never a full time gig anyway and both of them knew it.

WWE didn't have a choice with AJ, Joe and Daniels as far as i know, it was their decision not to move, they all had their tryout matches and all three of them declined. Specifically the AJ/Hurricane match from 2002. Heh, AJ sold that vertaebreaker so well. It would be one of the last times that move would actually be used too.
    Why do we as wrestling fans continue to watch and throw our money at the WWE when they continually fail to excite us (wrestling or storyline wise)?

Same reason why people work in jobs that they can't ****ing stand. It fills a gap, no matter how bad it is.

VR!

• Advertisement

triple h wrote:
    When a match is on and good old JR says 'this match continues after the break'----its funny how it never ends during the break. Does the Ref tell them when they are back on air so they can finish the match on tv or is there something on the big screen to let them know ?.

Ross has a cue sheet basically with times and segments on it. He bases a lot of his commentary on it. Lawler mentioned something about it in his book. Lawler was offered one as well when he started doing it on a full time basis but he doesn't use one as he prefers his colour commentary to sound like it's in complete surprise, and theres no better way than to comment on it live. I also read elsewhere that he hated his SD time as well cos he had to redo a lot of stuff (as that was taped over two days).

A lot of the times Ross cuts to the break, it's usually a minute or two into the match anyway, so theres no chance of it ending. But they know around the time they're gonna cut to the break thanks to the cue sheet.

VR!

why are video replays used when a cage match or royal rumble doesnt come to a conclusive end,yet ANY match where theres outside interference/a foot on the rope/the ref doesnt see something, theres never a replay to overturn the wrong decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

When they show the dreesing room/ locker room on tv, it is the stage room for tv, is it ? and the real locker rooms are never shown, yes/ no ?????

krudler wrote:
    why are video replays used when a cage match or royal rumble doesnt come to a conclusive end,yet ANY match where theres outside interference/a foot on the rope/the ref doesnt see something, theres never a replay to overturn the wrong decision

The classic Hogan v Orndorff cage match double ending started off that craze if i recall correctly. The whole "instant replay" rule has been a long running joke in WWE for decades now. I remember there was supposed to be some sort of debate for it too at one of the Wrestlemanias, i think it was 7. Thankfully that never happened. I reckon it's just to compare themselves to baseball to keep narrowly in the whole "sports" category.

VR!

ok, will JR ever turn heel, he only did once when he introduced Fake Razor and Jr was saying all sorts about Vince McMahon

Will Smackdown! Ever be Live

Will WWE Ever Combine the Three Shows and Turn them all into 1 Again

Will there ever be a PPV Called WWE vs TNA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Who or what was Little Johnny?

• Advertisement

kentonbomb wrote:
    ok, will JR ever turn heel, he only did once when he introduced Fake Razor and Jr was saying all sorts about Vince McMahon

Nah he's turned heel on a few occasions. One was against Bart Gunn and Michael Cole in 99 during the Brawl 4 All / Dr Death period. I think there was another time after that too.
    Will Smackdown! Ever be Live

It has been a few times, the one after 9/11/01 went out live. There have been others
    Will there ever be a PPV Called WWE vs TNA
    Doubtful. Even if Vince bought out the company, given the farce that the InVasion angle was, i'd imagine Vince isn't that thick to try and pull the same **** off twice in a decade.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

pull the same **** off twice in a decade

I like how you don't allow for TNA to make it passed 2011, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

will wwe ever do a live show in dublin

Monday night raw
    Friday night smackdown
    or a PPV

Dublin1983 wrote:
    will wwe ever do a live show in dublin

Monday night raw
    Friday night smackdown
    or a PPV

maybe when the point is rebuilt,or theyre allowed use somewhere like croke park

Minto wrote:
    I like how you don't allow for TNA to make it passed 2011, lol!
    Because TNA is held together with a bunch of financial backers. It's based in the US, and the US are full of muppets with money... thats why ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

I'd love to see an event in Croke Park. WrestleMania maybe, lol! I doubt it'll ever happen. We may get a RAW or SmackDown!/ECW when the point is done, but I can't see us getting much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

When will WWE push Triple H?

When will WWE hire Paris Hilton and/or Lindsey Lohan?

When will Chris Benoit learn to Mat Wrestle?

When will Nathan Jones return?

^^^WHAT THE F*CK????^^^

Are you trying (I stress trying) to be funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Why is it that when Hogan hits a leg drop, he gets the pin; but when Big Show hits one, his opponent kicks out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Why is it that when Hogan hits a leg drop, he gets the pin; but when Big Show hits one, his opponent kicks out?

It shows you what a little training, saying your prayers and taking your vitamins can do for you.

To be fair, quite a few people have kicked out of Hogans legdrop ;)
    VR!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

why when we are watching Raw live and its gone to a commercial and we are left watching a sky sign saying WWE on sky sports just cos the US ads arent over yet, why cant we go back to the live feed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Why are Bobby Lashley's ears so small?

why when we are watching Raw live and its gone to a commercial and we are left watching a sky sign saying WWE on sky sports just cos the US ads arent over yet, why cant we go back to the live feed?
    Because American ads are worse than British Ads. :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Why is it that when someone is out for the count in the ring that when he struggles to his feet he always turns around and faces his opponent who is about to drop kick him from the ring post

• Advertisement
Advertisement