Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Mysteries (Little Things You Wonder About Wrestling)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

Y do u never see the amount of Cellute (i cant spell) spots and bad skin on tv, but when u got to a live show, its stomach turning- i have to say jbl in the point in november turned me stomach he is one fat flabby bastard. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

Glenman wrote:
    Why is it that when someone is out for the count in the ring that when he struggles to his feet he always turns around and faces his opponent who is about to drop kick him from the ring post

just bad acting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

Gerard.C wrote:
    When will WWE push Triple H?

When will WWE hire Paris Hilton and/or Lindsey Lohan?

When will Chris Benoit learn to Mat Wrestle?

When will Nathan Jones return?
    Minto wrote:
    ^^^WHAT THE F*CK????^^^

Are you trying (I stress trying) to be funny?

i must admit i laughed but iv got a terrible sense of humour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Why are all Benoit matches on the mat ?
    ( i could not believe my eyes when i saw Lashley on the mat )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

when will people remember Snitsky has a foot fetish?

whatever happened to Mordecai (sp) was building up afeud with the Undertaker I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mordechi is kevin thorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Why does Ric Flair climb to the top rope in EVERy match when it has only worked once in living memory?

Why did everyone try to powerbomb Billy Kidman when he ALWAYS reversed it into a 'rana?

Why do people insist on putting Austin Aries into a headscissors when he always dropkicks out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

flahavaj wrote:
    Why does Ric Flair climb to the top rope in EVERy match when it has only worked once in living memory?

To be fair, Arn Anderson is more guilty of that than anything else. He always climbed the rope after spending the guts of 20 years being slammed off the f*cking thing!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It's Flair's thing! Its one of his many moves (Cena take note), Flair uses it to entertain us and its worked for the last...god knows how long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Why does Lashley's TitanTron say "Softly Spoken". Doesn't make him sound very tough.

What was the deal with the "Fake Kane"?

Is Ultimate Warrior insane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Why is it that it will take a wrestler the guts of 20 mins in a match to hit a finisher, yet they can hit one straight away when they rush the ring and interrupt a promo. :rolleyes:

Why is it that Candice is considered hot, that snoz makes her look like HHH in drag.:confused::confused:

When will WWE bring back that actor that did all those class impressions, along with DX, of the nation and the corporation.:)

Why are ppv and tv shows openly touted as being 3 or 2 hrs respectively, when in theory (kayfabe) each match could go 60 mins, or longer if there was no time limit.:rolleyes:

Why is it that the WWE skimps on time on so many matches (or the amount undercard matches) on a 3 hr ppv, yet wraps the show up at 2hrs 35mins with Mania being a prime example.:mad:

Why is it that Candice is considered hot

It's quite simple really, boobies!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Why do people always stay on the second rope for so long when they know Mysterio is coming with the 619. How the hell can a face crusher keep a wrestler down for 1 minute or more while Scotty 2 Hotty does the Worm. Word of advice for Scotty just pin them mate your face crusher seems to knock your opponents out. Also how come there is always a camera in the backstage when wrestlers are talking and how come they never notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

What is the deal with wrestlers being allowed appear at Indy shows? If it is a one off, untelevised event, then that is allowed? But if it gets any sort of coverage or media attention then no dice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Reganio 2 wrote:
    How the hell can a face crusher keep a wrestler down for 1 minute or more while Scotty 2 Hotty does the Worm.

Actually its a modified bulldog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Actually its a modified bulldog.

Is a bulldog not when you have them in a headlock position and plant them (Matt Hardy's Corner Clothesline and CM Punks Corner Shining Wizard as examples). And a face crusher is when you grab them from the hair or neck and plant them ( like Jericho did setting up the lionsault and what i thought Scotty did)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Brow wrote:
    Is a bulldog not when you have them in a headlock position and plant them (Matt Hardy's Corner Clothesline and CM Punks Corner Shining Wizard as examples). And a face crusher is when you grab them from the hair or neck and plant them ( like Jericho did setting up the lionsault and what i thought Scotty did)

A standard bulldog does involve a headlock, thats why I said "modified"

Depending where you read, the definition for the move that preceeds The Worm can be classed as a modified bulldog or facecrusher

So technically (if you want to be) the move Scotty does is a Face Crusher/One Handed Bulldog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

riddik wrote:
    What is the deal with wrestlers being allowed appear at Indy shows? If it is a one off, untelevised event, then that is allowed? But if it gets any sort of coverage or media attention then no dice?

This is an interesting one. I know WWE allowed Rey to appear for an indy promotion (i.e. not WWE) in Mexico and if I'm right here, Booker T had his own promotion too where many WWE guys were used.
    At ROH Unscripted II last year, CM Punk appeared, tagging with Danielson against Pearce and Rave. This was prior to his debut in ECW. Rumour has it that Tommy Dreamer gave Punk permission to appear but others at WWE weren't happy about it.

It seems their stance is if it's a benefit thing then its grand, but otherwise, no shirts, no shoes, no dice!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

Double C wrote:
    This is an interesting one. I know WWE allowed Rey to appear for an indy promotion (i.e. not WWE) in Mexico and if I'm right here, Booker T had his own promotion too where many WWE guys were used.
    At ROH Unscripted II last year, CM Punk appeared, tagging with Danielson against Pearce and Rave. This was prior to his debut in ECW. Rumour has it that Tommy Dreamer gave Punk permission to appear but others at WWE weren't happy about it.

It seems their stance is if it's a benefit thing then its grand, but otherwise, no shirts, no shoes, no dice!

Yeah, thats EXACTLY wat i thought, I also sometimes hear bout Cena and other relatively big stars showing up at Indys, also Carlito still appears at a lot of shows for his old promotion, i think its his dad's or something?? well anyway I found this really interesting video that shows Cena and McMahon at a house show! I just think its very strange for Vince to be there. Maybe it was Booker T's, as u mentioned Double C, so he figured he was promoting something that's at least related to WWE?

just noticed it was a charity event, im so slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29AT7rKJpVI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Why is it the ref's get knocked out by a gust of wind from a flailing arm yet during the I nvasion angle when earl and (cant remember his name right now) the wcw ref had a match they were flaking sh** outta each other without being knocked unconscious?????????? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

The Ref's name Hebner was fighting was SD! Ref Nick Patrick and MVP is managing his Brother VIP in Booker T's Fed,

Why is it that Chris Masters Went 2 Years without the masterlock been broken, guys like HBK,Cena,Flair etc. coundn't brake it, but Big Lashley comes along with his mad face like someone stole his cookie and brakes it, i don't understand it, i thought Cena was the ''Strongest'' in WWE lol, Even though mark henry is

Mark Henry is not only the strongest in WWE, he's the strongest man in the world, apparently. JBL says it at least five times per match.

Why don't wrestlers ever know what another wrestler did last week even though it was shown on T.V.? Can't think of any good examples right now but they never ask stuff like, "Hey man, why did you give me a dirty look after I walked away last week? I saw it on T.V. what was that about?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

kentonbomb wrote:
    Why is it that Chris Masters Went 2 Years without the masterlock been broken, guys like HBK,Cena,Flair etc. coundn't brake it
    Huh? Do you seriously Flair and HBK are anywhere near as strong as Lashley? Cena isn't sold as a powerhouse, so it really isn't surprising at all that Lashley was the only one of those mentioned above 'strong' enough to break the hold.

In ladder matches, why does it always take guys about half an hour to climb the ladder? Now, going back to the classics between Razor and Shawn it was acceptable, I remember in one of them, Razor was on the outside and Shawn was half way up the ladder but his tights were falling down so he stopped to pull them up and that pause allowed Razor to get back in. That was fine. Look at the WGTT vs Hardy's from ONS. Charlie took too long positioning the ladder IN THE WRONG PLACE and then took ages climbing up, pausing mid way for a nap, while the Hardy's were hardly helping the situation by ****ing around on the outside for too long.
    I know they are meant to be tired and all that but when they use all their energy for some ****ty spot rather than climbing the ladder quickly to win the match, it just makes no sense. It's meant to build up suspense but when you see someone climbing that slowly you know beforehand there is no chance they are going to get it.
    Now I'm not taking away from the classic TLC's, they were amazing, but I haven't seen a good ladder match since Lynn vs. Styles vs. Low Ki in TNA around 2003, any ones I've seen in WWE have been poor with the exception of MitB 1 and maybe 2.
    And so ends my ladder rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Double C wrote:
    I haven't seen a good ladder match since Lynn vs. Styles vs. Low Ki in TNA around 2003, any ones I've seen in WWE have been poor with the exception of MitB 1 and maybe 2.
    And so ends my ladder rant.

Go back to Summerslam 05 then and check out the Rey v Eddie one. :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Who or what was Little Johnny?

I just read that Heidenreich revealed this in an interview this week:
    "What it was for me, as a small child, I was a big kid and I got teased for being fat, like a lot of kids have. They've been teased for something. Little Johnny was my inner child, the voice inside me that was left over from being young and scarred by the words of children. 'Fatty, Fatty, 2X4' and all that. It was gonna come out….Little Johnny was the person inside me left over from kids teasing me for being fat."

And to think all of us sick-minded individuals assumed it was his knob!

Fozzy wrote:
    And to think all of us sick-minded individuals assumed it was his knob!

Speak for yourself! I knew it was his inner skinny child :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

b.ie polar wrote:
    Huh? Do you seriously Flair and HBK are anywhere near as strong as Lashley? Cena isn't sold as a powerhouse, so it really isn't surprising at all that Lashley was the only one of those mentioned above 'strong' enough to break the hold.

Cena is strong enough to FU Big Show nd The Great Khali, but not strong enough to break a full nelson. How does that make sense?

Maybe Lashley could FU the Big Show and Khali easily, but thats not his move so we'll never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Double C wrote:
    Maybe Lashley could FU the Big Show and Khali easily, but thats not his move so we'll never know!

I wasnt implying that Lashley couldnt FU em. Jst thought it was stupid that anyone who could FU those two was unable to break a full nelson. Fair enough Masters has one of the best bodybuilding physiques in wrestling but Cena wouldnt be that far behind him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement