Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scam or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Neither accept Paypal so that sends the bad signals right away. You are not covered if you send them a cheque or bank draft, forget about it. Also the second link, the user hasn't sold a massive amount since November when they stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The first rule of ebay is you do not talk about ebay. The second rule is no paypal=no deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

first rule - do not talk?? what u mean - and as for the paypal - why is this?
    the first phone - he has sold quite a few items and has a positive feedback...
    tbh i was really only very interested in the first phone... but just making sure with others - gettin a second/third opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Paypal gives you security if anything was to go wrong.

Ace2007 wrote:
    first rule - do not talk?? what u mean - and as for the paypal - why is this?
    the first phone - he has sold quite a few items and has a positive feedback...
    tbh i was really only very interested in the first phone... but just making sure with others - gettin a second/third opinion
    that was a joke. its from the movie fight club.

i bet if you follow that user he'll have a lot of negative feedback in a few weeks. probably a hacked account or someone who built up a good name so he could scam people later.

paypal is more secure and if something goes wrong ebay will politely tell you to f*ck off if you didn't use paypal

• Advertisement

in the last 6 weeks he has sold 4 items and all have give positive feedback.

Ace2007 wrote:
    in the last 6 weeks he has sold 4 items and all have give positive feedback.
    i saw a case last year where a power seller (power seller means ebay endorsed) had 100% positive feedback on thousands of items. before christmas he put hundreds of high value electronic items up like ipods etc. the negative feedback started just before christmas after people hadn't received their items for weeks. the person who hacked the account got away with over $100,000.

buy it if you want but since you are new to ebay i suggest you take our advice. their explanations for not using paypal always seem so reasonable. most of them link to this site: http://nopaypal.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

stay away those auctions look dodgy

just noticed this in the 8800 auction :

Features:
    Customisable Cover, Bluetooth, MP3 Player, GPS Antenna, Colour Screen

:confused:

just noticed this in the 8800 auction :

Features:
    Customisable Cover, Bluetooth, MP3 Player, GPS Antenna, Colour Screen

:confused:

Yea, what doese this mean... i haven't put a bid in yet for this phone and so not going to cost me anything- but what exactly does this mean good/bad?

• Advertisement

It means the phone has a global positioning system built in like the sat nav on the n95. The 8800 doesnt have a gps antenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

It means the phone has a global positioning system built in like the sat nav on the n95. The 8800 doesnt have a gps antenna

Yeah you are right it doesnt have GPS, i have had afew 8800 and never noticed it. It must be something new :)

but its the nokia 8800 SIROCCO. but 've decided not to buy online- instead pay rip off prices in the shops in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Ace2007 wrote:
    but its the nokia 8800 SIROCCO. but 've decided not to buy online- instead pay rip off prices in the shops in dublin
    well the sirocco doesn't have a gps antenna either. there's no need to buy it in a shop. you just need to learn how to spot a scam and follow the few basic rules and ebay can be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They both have ok feedback and have sold quite a few phones and computers/computer equipment in the past with no problem. If you'd looked at their feedback you'd have seen that...

Not everyone wants to use Paypal. People put too much trust in Paypal - they screw people over with alarming regularity.

eth0_ wrote:
    They both have ok feedback and have sold quite a few phones and computers/computer equipment in the past with no problem. If you'd looked at their feedback you'd have seen that...

Not everyone wants to use Paypal. People put too much trust in Paypal - they screw people over with alarming regularity.

Yes i saw there feedback and was/kinda still am interested, but other people are casting doubt into my mind. So i've kinda decided that if i can get the N93i cheap enough i will take a "chance" and buy it off the seller.

I am one of those people who does not want to use PayPal, mainly caused i don't have it/one - first time buyin online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Neither the N93 nor the 8880 have GPS.

If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

it looks like a great deal, go for it.

but if its stats is has GPS - and the nokia N93i doesn't have it mentioned on the nokia site- then is this normal???

• Advertisement

o and what does this mean:

Type: Smartphone

Ace2007 wrote:
    o and what does this mean:

Type: Smartphone
    it means it has a symbian operating system. basically it means it can run lots of snazzy applications like skype for mobile (fring)

smartphone can also mean a windows mobile device and a few other things

Advertisement