Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you set up online banking with a Halifax monthly saver account?

Options
  • 09-06-2007 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

By chance I clicked on the Halifax website and noticed they now have online banking for current account holders, I don't have a Halifax current account, only a Halifax monthly saver account. I was wondering is it possible to set up online banking with just a monthly saver account?

I only ask because my monthly saver account has been open over a year and I haven't received any statements or updates in that time, it'd be nice to be able to log in and get a break down on my balance and the interest it has acquired, rather than having to ring to ask, even a f*cking yearly statement would do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

They are legally obliged to provide you with an annual statement. Give them a call and tell them you never got one...I'm sure they wouldnt have a problem sending you one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Actually got a statement today, they're probably monitoring me on boards:eek:. Anyway I'm closing the account due to how sh*t the interest was. Stupidly I assumed interest was generated on the entire amount in the account, but its' only against what is saved each month, I was saving the maximum e750 a month so the interest was a bit of a let down considering the lump sum I opened the account with. Next time I'll read the small print and not listen to biased staff.

Advertisement