Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

havent slept for 3 days!!need help!!

• 09-06-2007 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

ok I BADLY need help here.

I have Ubuntu feisty fawn linux and I need to get a Belkin 54G Wireless USB Adapter working on it.

Tried ndiswrapper to use windows driver but its saying it cant find the hardware, But feisty fawn says that wireless is enabled.

I can't scan for wireless networks but i scanned once a couple of days ago.I manually configured a connection and it scanned and found it about 3 days ago and its now a saved connection but It wont connect.

PEOPLE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME IM LOOSING MY SANITY THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE I HAVE A ! 100 FOOT LAN CABLE RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tjsniper

PLEASE any ideas any feedback,hints,tricks or tips please just help me a little!!!!
    I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tjsniper

please???????????anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Save yourself pain and just buy a different wireless card ,makes much more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

What wireless chipset is in your Belkin adaptor? I think there was one version with the (excellent) Ralink chipset that works perfectly with Linux and another that is a pain to get working and causes problems with ndiswrapper.

In my experience those Belkin USB wireless adaptors are a pain in the ass in Windows XP let alone Linux. I know two people who have owned one and both had problems getting them working reliably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yea, i've had experience with Belkin USB adaptors, and they're definitley not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Jesus ****ing Christ on a bicycle, this isn't IRC or MSN. You post, and you wait. Bumping every couple of minutes isn't going to help your cause any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I've a belkin usb adapter and used these drivers without any problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Ya, the serialmonkey ones work fine, as do the actual ralink ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

tjsniper wrote:
    PEOPLE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME IM LOOSING MY SANITY THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE I HAVE A ! 100 FOOT LAN CABLE RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE PLEASE HELP!!!!

I strongly recommend you forget about the length of the cable running around your house and get some sleep before some stranger named Tyler introduces himself to you and explains why he thinks soap is the corner stone of civilization.

Things could be worse. Where you are now you can't even imagine what the bottom is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I have a not too disimilar problem, however I cannot get the ndiswrapper package to install.

Package manager is saying that dependendacy is not satisfiable etc... Libc6 see sceenie for exact wording. I got the Libc6 package (also to be seen in the screen but it is already installed apparently) any suggestions?

also should mention that I tried to install from the console and got his error
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ndiswrapper-utils-1.9:
     ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 depends on libc6 (>= 2.5-5); however:
      Version of libc6 on system is 2.5-0ubuntu14.

screenshotiv0.th.png

Bugger this is all that stands between me and a windows free hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭koloughlin

I run fedora core not ubuntu, so I'm more familiar with rpm based package management, so this might be a stupid suggestion, but could you install the gutsy version of libc6? It's here http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/base/libc6 and it's up to version 2.5-11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

tba - what's the wireless card. I found this howto invaluable. OK it's for the actual laptop I have but you can always substitute the XP driver for the card you have in place of the Dell one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Thanks guys but a simpler solution presented itself, I reverted backwards to version 1.38 of ndiswrapper and got no make errors. And now a wireless card has been detected.

Seems to be a bug with feisty and ndiswrapper >1.39.

Advertisement