Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 elite

• 09-06-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me everythin they know about this please? I heard that it has a 120gb hard drive and that the controlls on it have changed. Is there any truth in this? I haven't heard anything about it at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It has a 120gb HDD and is black with matching black controllers.

afaik, it uses the newer 65nm chip which should be cooler, but I am not 100% on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Winters wrote:
    It has a 120gb HDD and is black with matching black controllers.

afaik, it uses the newer 65nm chip which should be cooler, but I am not 100% on that one.

It doesn't use the 65nm chip (at the moment), they aren't using that until later in the year, possibly when the elite ships in Europe. So there is a chance that we will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

tman wrote:

Ah sorry, I looked up the 360 site and didn't find it. Never googled it either. The older consoles are dropping down in price, there is a really good bundle going at the moment for €249 or €349. I don't know which one it is really, but it has a lload of extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Duffff-Man wrote:
    The older consoles are dropping down in price, there is a really good bundle going at the moment for €249 or €349. I don't know which one it is really, but it has a lload of extras.
    Try to remember! :D

was the offer better than the one in xtravision for €399
    >> the premium console, PGR, GOW, Crackdown, play and charge kit.

or the Harvey Norman XBox 360 Core System + Game - €269

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Does anybody know when the 120 GB harddrive (separate not with Elite 360) is coming out? I could have filled the 13 GB HD several times over if I had the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Seeker wrote:
    Does anybody know when the 120 GB harddrive (separate not with Elite 360) is coming out? I could have filled the 13 GB HD several times over if I had the space.
    The American version is out now. I'd be surprised if that didn't work - though I'm not 100% certain.

Don't think there's any word on the Elite or related products for Europe as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Play-Asia have them in stock
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-eo-49-en.html

I believe the 20GB versions worked on any version, can't see any
    reason why the 120GB wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I sold my 360 to get a PS3 and I am sort of sorry now that I did. I am thinking about getting a new 360. I just want to see which is better value for money, the elite or the normal 360. I haven't used my 360 online in ages, but as far as I know there is still membership there. Will I still be able to use that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Im pretty sure you can Duff man, under "recover gamertag" id say you can get it back....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

One guy on the OXM forum said a US 120gb hardrive doesnt work on a Pal system, because if you want to put your files from the 20g model to the 120g ,you have to insert a Disc do the transfer. The guy said he got a wrong region message . hearing this im not going to get a US model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

heres a qeuestion probably asked a million times

would a plug and play external HD work on the 360 through the usb port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've just done a spot of trawling online to see what info is around on
    whether the US or JAP 120 GB drives will work on an EMEA 360.

Bad news I'm afraid, it looks like that whilst the hardware will work fine
    and is not region locked, the disc that comes with the drive and you use
    for transferring your content from the 20GB drive. Poxy MS gits!
    People have had success using a memory card to transfer their saved games
    and just redownloaded their downloadable content.

As someone who doesnt have a 360 mem key the need for one would remove
    any potential saving importing. Cojones... back to the drawing board.

Advertisement