Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looken for new anime to watch

Options
  • 09-06-2007 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

well as the j.c is over on Thursday need new animes to keep me happy.

past anime that i loved;
    naruto
    bleach
    full metal jacket
    ekura 7
    hunter x
    cant remember the rest lol.

so any recommendations on this base.i like long series of like 40-100 eps also :D

hope ye can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Its over for me on Monday. Damn Tech Graph...
    Anyways, I'd recommend some anime, but I don't really watch those incredibly long series you like...
    I believe Ghost In The Shell S.A.C and that new series are meant to be good, and I'm dyingto get into it.
    Oh, one just sprung to my head; Keroro Gunso! Great comedy/sci-fi show, well worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Hmm I'd recommend trying something that is still being released - I have just started watching Darken Than Black which is looking to be an excellent show. Black Lagoon and Trigun would also be done your action alley. Full Metal Panic is also an excellent series :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ok thanks gona try these now they should keep me bussy for awhile :D

Darken Than Black
    black lagon
    trigun
    d-gray man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Death Note is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Full Metal Alchemist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ergo Proxy is fantastic from what I've seen of it so far... not too sure if it'd be up your street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Full Metal Panic
    Captain Harlock
    Ghost in the Shell
    Cowboy Bebop
    Slayers
    Initial D
    FLCL
    Gunslinger Girl

and plenty more but those should keep you going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Moneymaker wrote:
    ..and plenty more but those should keep you going.

Ok, I liked your list - everything was similar etc and then.. FLCL?! Why would you do this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Slayers definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rudie-

i highly recommend cowboy beebop and samurai champloo. for me these two cannot be beaten. bleach is good too if you haent seen it, skip the fillers though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Art_Wolf wrote:
    Ok, I liked your list - everything was similar etc and then.. FLCL?! Why would you do this? :D

Fooly Cooly is the ****.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Moneymaker wrote:
    Fooly Cooly is the ****.:confused:
    Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Check out Strawberry Panic for some odd nonsense. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

Art_Wolf, your taste in anime is mostly well guided, but you don't like furi kuri. i'm shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Blood+, yakitate, basilisk, deathnote, and 12 kingdoms are all series I've watched lately or am watching. All very good and quite different to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Moneymaker wrote:
    Full Metal Panic

Seconded, i hope they bring out the Fourth series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Cowboy bebop , samurai x and hellsing are quite good.samurai x taking a while to get going but good when it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Demonic_Scull

If you like Naruto you might like One Piece, it's pretty action packed and quite funny at times and there's over 300 episodes so it'll keep you going for a while.

Trinity Blood, Hellsing and Neon Genesis Evangelion are really good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

basilisk is fantastic, its a great mix of naruto style ninja fighting with lots of characters actually biting it.
    also, if you are looking for something slow moving with a good story, mushishi is probably the best anime series i have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Monster, its serverely under-rated and is 75 episodes in length.

click for more info

Also, samurai Champloo is excellent

And to further echo what was mentioned earlier:

Cowboy Bebop
    Blood +
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Death Note
    Trigun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

sme wrote:
    Art_Wolf, your taste in anime is mostly well guided, but you don't like furi kuri. i'm shocked.
    I think he was only implying that it was a bit of a left of field suggestion in comparison to the rest of the list.

Advertisement