Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10th June GAA Bets

Options
  • 10-06-2007 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Down VS Monaghan

Monaghan havint won in Newry since 1988 and for this reason only this makes Down the bookies slight favourite: however not on merit! Monaghan won all 7 sames in there Div 2a campaign, Down won none. League Form may count for nothing but winning is a habbit and Monaghan like to win and win well: they scored 102 points in their campaign VS Downs 79 and leaked in alot less than Down

Down stuggled past a very poor developing Cavan team.. Cavan were very poor on both games and in both games their full forward line were able to exploite a suspectable Down defence.

Monaghans full forward line are better again with Freeman, Smith and Hanratty. These two nippy corner forwards have potential to destroy any class outfit. Monaghans strength lies in their midfield (especailly Lennon) and forwards and this is where Down lack. And in defence - if Monaghan can stop Benny Coulter then happy days they will be well on there way to victory.

Therefore you can see clearly im favouring Monaghan:

My bets in this match are as so:

Monaghan Win : 5points @ 5/4
    Monaghan Win HT/FT: 3 points @ 9/4

Offaly v Carlow

Carlow football is in crisis now - losing Walsh under a questionable transfer to Wickow was least of their troubles... they also lost a manger and some of their best players including Rea who was arguably one of the top forwards in Leinster never mind Carlow... With all the trouble this year Carlow are now offering 8 debuts to players in this Champo game..:eek: The loss to London also lies deep in my memory this year...:rolleyes:

Carlow bet them in 2005 but this team doesnt even resemble that one, Ofally however still hold their big guns and i can see N.McNammee running riot in
    Portloais.. Ofally beat Carlow well in the Div 2A of the NFL last February when Offaly won by 3-12 to 1-8 in Tullamore - a 10 POINT WIN!! Ofally are a Champo team so this can improve further..

Therefore i predict a similar result here... The 1/16 on an Offaly win represents no value but the Handycap looks interesting: :cool:

My bets in this match are as so:

Offaly -7: 5 points @ 5/6
    Offaly -9: 3 points @ 6/4

Heres to Hoping... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

A good five point profit, unlucky with the nine point handicap. Usually prefer to go short on those in case a team takes their foot off the gas but nice write-ups

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Collie D wrote:
    A good five point profit, unlucky with the nine point handicap. Usually prefer to go short on those in case a team takes their foot off the gas but nice write-ups

Offaly did take their foot off the gas unfurtunatly: they were 18 points up at one stage and let in 2-2 near the conclusion of the game... aw well.. profit is profit ;) was expecting more but wont complain (MUCH!! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

thewools wrote:
    Offaly did take their foot off the gas unfurtunatly: they were 18 points up at one stage and let in 2-2 near the conclusion of the game... aw well.. profit is profit ;) was expecting more but wont complain (MUCH!! :D )

Haha, sorry to laugh, didn't even see highlights or read about the game bar the final score,that must be a sickener

Advertisement