Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning: 3Pay to 3MonthlyBill

• 10-06-2007 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭

Just a quick warning, in case it hasn't already been said (i checked a few pages of threads).

If you are moving from 3Pay (pay-as-you-go) to 3MonthlyBill, you can't port your number.

While it is no problem to move a number from another network, you can't port within the three network!!

I've just switched to 3MonthlyBill today, and after talking to 3 customer service about the problem, they told me the only way to get my old number on my phone (which i'd previously switched from Meteor to 3Pay) was to switch my 3Pay phone number back to another network (!!) and then fill in a CAT form (number porting authorisation form) and send it in to Three and ask them to port it to my 3MonthlyBill phone.

They actually said it was 'company policy' to not port numbers when you switch from 3Pay to 3MonthlyBill! ... operating in a world of their own ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

im lost for words:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not a CAT form, it's a CAF form .. though I'm sure that was a typo :)

As for suggesting you port out and then back again... LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

[sarcasmI] i resent the implication that 3 might have a completely pointless company policy that cant be changed under any circumstances[/sarcasmI]

And something that makes it even more bizarre: ports from pay monthly to 3pay work fine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

And you're telling me 3 have less than 2% market share!?

Get out of here!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Hey,

Actually you can port your number from 3Pay to 3Monthly. I did in November but it took alot of calls to tech support. Eventually, a guy from Indian support (this was back in the day when they had Scottish support) called back to say that they could do it. It took about 3 hours to do. Everything went smoothly. Only thing is that sometimes emails from 3mail say "prepaid unregistered" in the header. But that's something minor. Try and talk to the tech support division of Customer care and maybe they might be able to do it.

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

the storys about these cowboys thickens by the day!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

And you're at all surprised? You've obviously spoken to their customer care. How can you say, AFTER THAT, that you're surprised!!

It is the WORST customer care I've ever dealt with. And not because its an Indian call centre - I've found Microsoft's Xbox one quite helpful actually. It's just awful awful staff or awful awful training. Or maybe both.

And if you want to give feedback on it, guess who ends up reading your feedback?? None other than the same staff you could be complaining about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

3, welcome to our network. .. where we only know your name!

ciaranfo wrote:
    3, welcome to our network. .. where we only know your name!
    and sometimes not even that. i've heard ciaran pronounced "see-are-an

but i was watching a show today that kind of made me feel sorry for them. this bloke was going around india sampling the food or something and talking about the caste system. he said that people in rural villages have to work the land owners' land 7 days a week from 8 to 6 (including the kids) and their only pay is the land owner gives them just enough rice to keep them from starving to death.

the slightly higher up job is the person who catches the rats that feed on the rice. his pay: he gets to keep and eat the rats, the only protein available.

some people eventually get enough together to get to mumbai (where 3 cc is) in hopes of a better life where the vast majority end up living in slums with one toilet per 800 people.

i don't know if the people on the other end of the line are these people or people from higher castes but it made me feel for them anyway

they're still thick though

• Advertisement

I remember Meteor doing the same thing at one stage, to get around it the stores were porting numbers to Vodafone and straight back, then Vodafone complained that this was abuse of the porting system. That was the last I heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

yeah i had the same problem and said right then Mr Indian man in the call centre in the back of beyond I'm moving to Meteor! His reply: Ok thank you sir have a nice day!!

ARRRRGGGHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Vimes, not everyone in India lives like that, that was simply about a lot of the rural dwellers. The majority of Mumbai is not slums, many of the rural dwellers simply can't decent jobs as they have no education. Odds are none of 3 CC are from this background. "I feel sorry for them <snip>" is a horrifically ignorant sweeping generalization. FWIW call centre work is considered quite lucrative in India.

Anywho, I asked them about this, they said you can't port. I said this was not good enough and I would leave the network, they then told me it can be done but not straight forward. I think it involved getting a contract and porting to that. It is completely ridiculous that they make it difficult to move from 3Pay to Postpay yet allow it the otherway.

There is a work around but i just moved to meteor!

The workaround is to buy another sim ie voda or o2 then port your 3pay number to that , then port from that third party sim back to 3 bill pay.

Messy but if you want it there is a way!

dougdub wrote:
    There is a work around but i just moved to meteor!

The workaround is to buy another sim ie voda or o2 then port your 3pay number to that , then port from that third party sim back to 3 bill pay.

Messy but if you want it there is a way!

How much is the sim? Do you have to buy a new one or can you use an old one?

I convinced my girlfriend to go to 3pay (free 3 to 3 calls for me) and she is considering contract, she still has her old O2 one, will they allow that or will she need a new o2 sim?

Nope any active sim will do !

paulm17781 wrote:
    Vimes, not everyone in India lives like that, that was simply about a lot of the rural dwellers. The majority of Mumbai is not slums, many of the rural dwellers simply can't decent jobs as they have no education. Odds are none of 3 CC are from this background. "I feel sorry for them <snip>" is a horrifically ignorant sweeping generalization. FWIW call centre work is considered quite lucrative in India.
    yeah i wasn't sure if 3 cc were from that class but i thought i'd be nice to them anyway just in case

paulm17781 wrote:
    How much is the sim? Do you have to buy a new one or can you use an old one?

I convinced my girlfriend to go to 3pay (free 3 to 3 calls for me) and she is considering contract, she still has her old O2 one, will they allow that or will she need a new o2 sim?
    o2 porting packs are free. go into a shop and say you want to port. if they say you have to buy a sim they don't know about these packs yet

o2 porting packs are free. go into a shop and say you want to port. if they say you have to buy a sim they don't know about these packs yet

Nice one thanks. Is it actually possible to port the same number twice in one day? If I do take this route, it would be just so my girlfriend can keep the same number while staying on 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

not to argue but things shown on television are always worst. they never highlight better things.
    It would be nice to see booming IT in India, skyscrappers, all high class branded cars, clothing. Its just the media which always try to find negative things and try to prove bad about a growing country.

Infact I had heard a friend saying they wont visit Ireland as they feel Ireland has IRA. (made similar comments as Afghan)

sorry about the out of topic thread.
    and sometimes not even that. i've heard ciaran pronounced "see-are-an

but i was watching a show today that kind of made me feel sorry for them. this bloke was going around india sampling the food or something and talking about the caste system. he said that people in rural villages have to work the land owners' land 7 days a week from 8 to 6 (including the kids) and their only pay is the land owner gives them just enough rice to keep them from starving to death.

the slightly higher up job is the person who catches the rats that feed on the rice. his pay: he gets to keep and eat the rats, the only protein available.

some people eventually get enough together to get to mumbai (where 3 cc is) in hopes of a better life where the vast majority end up living in slums with one toilet per 800 people.

i don't know if the people on the other end of the line are these people or people from higher castes but it made me feel for them anyway

they're still thick though

Advertisement