Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know this sounds weird...

Options
  • 10-06-2007 8:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I know that this sounds weird, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm an Australian teacher in Dublin. While I was in Dublin in April (originally on hols - loved the place and came back!) I met an Irish guy in Davy Byrnes' pub in Duke street. I spent hours talking to him but couldn't get up the nerve to ask him for his email/number etc. And, now, I regret not asking for details.

So, it was a Friday night and he was with work mates (stock brokers/investment bankers etc)There were about 6-8 of them. His name is Brian. I can't remember the name of the firm he worked for. I was with some crazy Americans who dared me to talk to him. He's about 6ft with dark hair and eyes.

I remember that he's going to watch Ireland play Argentina in the Rugby World Cup in Paris.

On the off chance that anyone knows who I'm talking about, I'd love to hear from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm an Australian teacher in Dublin. /QUOTE]

Wow, the education system really has moved on sice my day. We were only taught French or Irish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The best advice is to go to the same place at the same time next week with a few mates and hope that you bump into him again.

You could also try convince the Herald or another newspaper to run a little "Have you seen this man" story for you. They've done it in the past.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

this sort of sounds a bit scary to me, why didnt he think about giving you his phone number - i would forget about it and move on .....if someone got the herald after me, there is no way, i would ever talk to him again - ever again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Irishbird how do you know he wasn't equally as interested but scared to get her number?

I'd suggest going there at the same time again too....some people stick to the same bars so you might bump in to him again.

Very best of luck with it, hope you find him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Word of advice OP, why not change the title of the thread to something more eye catching, in case he (or his mates) are browsing ....like Fella in Davy Byrnes last sat or something.

Best advice is to go back to the pub a few times. It sounds like he works nearby. Work drinks on a Friday are usually always in a few, familiar places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aussie Teacher

Thanks for all those replies.

I actually need to come clean...it wasn't me who met this guy, it was my friend and I posted this message without her knowing because she regretted not swapping details. And, it appears that I had some of the details wrong anyway!.

So, now she's found out...and is er...not happy with me :mad: and made me promise to come clean. I was hoping I could get her to come to the pub with me and hopefully meet up with him again, but probably not.

Note to self: do not interfere! ;)

Thanks to all anyway!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The problem with getting the Herald involved or other similar way out ideas is that this guy could be married or in a long term relationship.The guy did not sleep with this girl or do anything wrong he did not even exchange phone numbers.If his other half got wind of this she would have to be very understanding to believe him that nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You know, I actually think I know who the person being looked for is :P how hilarious :D

Advertisement