Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email alerts - whole text in PM

Options
  • 10-06-2007 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

When you get a PM in boards, an email alert can be sent out. On other boards using phpbb/vbulletin, the whole message in the PM is sent out in this email notification, but this is not the case on boards.ie Could you consider adding this as an option? It's handy to be able to read the PM directly in the email, and not having to go into the site to read it. Thanks :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I *think* thats a feature of vbulletin 3.6. boards is using vbulletin 3.5, so you will get that feature when the admins eventually upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sparky has it implemented on his site and he has vBulletin 3.6.4. Hopefully we will see it with when the upgrade comes along.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yeah, that would be handy alright.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, once the option is there I'll activate it if it isnt the default.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

It is the default, aye.
    I had it on by default in the fourm I look after, but turned it off after people started complaining about it.
    I guess, personally, I'd prefer not to receive the actual PM in my inbox too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd like to recieve it in the email aswell. It would be pretty handy me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Oriel wrote:
    It is the default, aye.
    I had it on by default in the fourm I look after, but turned it off after people started complaining about it.
    I guess, personally, I'd prefer not to receive the actual PM in my inbox too.

It would be very handy, i'm on imode and receive free email notifications when new email. So I only see positive things about this. Hope they will turn it on again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can the same be done with reported posts? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep it would be great for pm's and reported posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

gandalf wrote:
    Yep it would be great for pm's and reported posts.
    Would like +1

• Advertisement
Advertisement