Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplin Muppets

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tokool

I appreciate that Champagne cannot taste like gin, but the flipping thing should do what it says it does on the box!

For example, the first motherboard - which didn’t even start - had a fan which was not even compatible with the motherboard, and half the instructions were missing.

The second motherboard had Ram which was not even approved by the motherboard manufacturer. I can't physically check that on site now can I?

I did do research on the board, and unfortunately Maplin does the bundle fairly cheap compared to most other places. However, it has caused me two weeks of headache.

Same thing with the "wireless" speakers, which had more wires than standard speakers and needed two plugs, one for each speaker.

The only alternative I have now is to dismantle me whole computer and send the board back to maplin, I am sure the manager will not be pleased.

The lesson to learn from all this, is that you get what you pay for even if it's from a high street shop such as maplin, but believe me, I have bought cheap things from other places such as pc world and they generally tend to work. I admit they are not as cheap in some things as maplin, but if you take the headache into account and the time and cost in travelling, it probably adds up or exceeds them.

Funny enough, Maplin I believe was started by two guys in the seventies who were sick of getting a poor service in electricals......ironically they are heading down the road they tried to bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

tokool wrote: »
    Funny enough, Maplin I believe was started by two guys in the seventies who were sick of getting a poor service in electricals......ironically they are heading down the road they tried to bridge.

Then someone involved the accountants. And it all went down the toobs.

Which part of Ireland are you in?

Advertisement