Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help

Options
  • 10-06-2007 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Im a leaving cert student! I done foundation maths and irish for the junior cert and i went up to ordinary in 5th yr because i was told you get no points for foundation but after doing my maths and irish exam i regretted it. I'm useless at both irish and maths and im sure i failed it so is that a bad sign??? i had a horrible time at school kept getting suspended and was well known and that affected my study through out the year so i only started really studying 3 weeks before the exam..

Comments

Gurl05 wrote:
    Im a leaving cert student! I done foundation maths and irish for the junior cert and i went up to ordinary in 5th yr because i was told you get no points for foundation but after doing my maths and irish exam i regretted it. I'm useless at both irish and maths and im sure i failed it so is that a bad sign??? i had a horrible time at school kept getting suspended and was well known and that affected my study through out the year so i only started really studying 3 weeks before the exam..

What do you want help with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gurl05

would like to know what your views on this is? failing 2 subjects maths & irish.. im getting stressed over them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Tbh, anything I'll say won't help your stress. Failing two core subjects is never good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

If you work like mental for the whole day today, you might be able to pass maths tomorrow. Not sure about Irish though. I know you can get into a couple of colleges without it, but you really need to pass maths. Get the papers and get stuck into it today. Be focused and disciplined and try your best tomorrow, see how it goes???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Gurl05 wrote:
    would like to know what your views on this is? failing 2 subjects maths & irish.. im getting stressed over them
    Repeat?

If you wanted to do a decent LC you should really have been stressing 7/8 months ago rather than getting suspended all the time tbh.

You could study maths really hard today, but if you haven't been working the whole year and did foundation for JC it's doubtful that you'd pass.

The LC isn't the be all and end all though, have you thought about an apprenticeship? A Fás course?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

There is nothing you can do about Irish now, so forget about it and focus on maths, as people have already said if I was in your position I would spend all day today on maths, learning formulas, proofs, going over exam questions. If you know anyone in pass that isn't too stress and has an hour to spare maybe they could help you out. You really need to pass Maths so just don't give up now put in work today!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Gurl05 wrote:

I failed Maths & Geog in my leaving in 2005. When ppl heard i wanted to be an accountant they laughed. So i did a FAS Fetac L3 course in Manual & Camputerised Accounts & Payroll. And now i am able to go and do the ACA or ACCA. (as a mature student though)
    Moral of the story is: ppl are quick to judge but there are ways around doing badly in the Leaving Cert. If worsed comes to worse just repeat the leaving, it's only one year. Just try to stop getting kicked out of class, etc.. That will screw up any oppertunity to get into college and it will probably follow you around for life. BEHAVE!! and ppl will respect you, help you, and give you a chance!!

Hope that helps cya..:wave:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Repeat?

If you wanted to do a decent LC you should really have been stressing 7/8 months ago rather than getting suspended all the time tbh.

You could study maths really hard today, but if you haven't been working the whole year and did foundation for JC it's doubtful that you'd pass.

The LC isn't the be all and end all though, have you thought about an apprenticeship? A Fás course?

Haha no way! i hope for a good leaving cert and started stressing tuesday night for the 1st time in 6th yr!

Spend a few hours today going obver the layouts for the question! Simpsons rule is easy to understand just go over the formula! Learn the formulas for the questions u choose!
    And go in confident into the exam tomorrow! Best of luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I was talking in relation to someone who did foundation Maths and Irish for their JC, gets suspended frequently and seems to be failing Maths and Irish now.

Perhaps "studying" or "thinking about what you need in your LC" would have been better than "stressing" there.

Advertisement