Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anybody know were i can get my hands on a decent go ped new or second hand

• 10-06-2007 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

im looking for a go-ped second hand or new and i would not like to have to by one of planetfun,anybody got any suggestions on were to get one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was going to get a Go-Ped a couple of years ago, they actually sold them in Arnotts in Dublin.

I spoke to the Motor Tax office and the Gardai and they told me that you can't use them legally in a public place. The Gardai even told me that they confiscate them because they are considered extremely dangerous due to the handling and weight distribution.

Pity , I'd love one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

i actually asked a gardai becuse i have a large green beside my house and they said it was legal to use them on that green and the go ped can only be confiscated if it is in use on a road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭BJ2007

there is a place called etow megastores out near coolock i think. he does all mini bikes etc etc. worth a try google the name and see if ya can get the number. its advertied in city ads aswell.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭BJ2007

there is a place called etow megastores out near coolock i think. he does all mini bikes etc etc. worth a try google the name and see if ya can get the number. its advertised in city ads aswell.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

vespahead wrote:
    i actually asked a gardai becuse i have a large green beside my house and they said it was legal to use them on that green and the go ped can only be confiscated if it is in use on a road

That's a pile of cack! Any motor vehicle has to be insured to be used in ANY public place and the driver or rider MUST be licensed, etc. etc.
    The definition of a "public place" even includes some private property where the public have access i.e. supermarket car parks, industrial estates, Dollymount Strand and all the other chavboy racer hangout spots.
    Though the fact that a Garda doesn't have a clue about the Road Traffic Act is really little surprise :(

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I asked a guy in planet fun do you need insurance for one (knowing full well that you do) and, suprise suprise, he said of course you don't! I should have asked him what was the biggest bike you don't need a licence, tax and insurance for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Paparazzo wrote:
    I asked a guy in planet fun

When you went there, did you get a CAB ? :D

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Advertisement