Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Graphics PI/PII

Options
  • 10-06-2007 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

If its anything like last years papers then it shouldn't be too bad. A few surprises but nothing major, like with that bore-holes question.
    I'm planning on doing Q1,3,5,7 with Q4 as a back-up.
    Paper 2 it's Q2,5,6,7 with Q1 as a back-up.(Hoping we don't get a bad roadworks question either)

My teacher keeps going on about how were due a hard paper, especially looking at the last few years, and tbh I wouldn't disagree. Anyhow, this is probably the paper I'd be most confident about and think nearly everyone in my year too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah for paper 1 thats the exact same plan as me, Q4 can be a bit hit and miss, you might get it straight away and finish it in no time or be stuck and not know what to do at all.
    For paper 2 i'm looking at 1,2,5 and 7. No back up on that paper really except possibly the hyperbolic paraboloid jobby.
    Last years paper did seem a bit easy, i hope they don't go really mad with some of the tricky parts of questions like part (c) of Q1 on paper 1 and such like, still can't grasp all that 'determine projections of horizontal line 55 metres length from B to plane DEF and find inclination of this line to plane DEF' kind of thing. Aaanyway, i can forget about it until tuesday/wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dean-16

are you guys doing highe or ordinary? i had to drop to ordinary after getn 31% in the mocks so i should do pretty well in the ordinary paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

i want an A1 in this... i did it in the mocks and hopefully history will repeat itself!! our teacher didn't go through any back up questions so i dont have a choice if one of em is a toughy...

Higher level

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

graphics is one of my most fav subjects, its so nice just to whip out an A3 and draw something after a couple hours of english or irish, and its still classified as study!:D love it! and tbh some of those drawings just make ya feel all proud after:p anyways i think both papers should be fair enough, its always the same rigmarole except for a couple parts like Q1 P1 part c, hate those:mad: once we all just take deep breaths and dont start sweating on the pages!

Advertisement