Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bi-weekly boards MTT on GJP

• 10-06-2007 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭

Hey guys if you're around at all today try get behind this - Mikes put up extra incentive and been really good around this.

If you're free at all throw your hat in and have a go, it's only 20 yoyos

Lots of dead money around :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Look at the huge response to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

musician wrote:
    Look at the huge response to this thread.

The response is off the hook.

There was a thread asking for this a while back and Mike was good enough to organise it.

If I were Mike I wouldn't be to cooperative about the HU thread that people are proposing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well this is probably the last one. We reap what we sow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Must remember to play this tonight.

3 reg'd an absolute disgrace,

Although I do expect I'll see the usual faces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

3 reg'd an absolute disgrace,

Shut your pie hole. By all means players enroll but no need for the rebuke.

Shut your pie hole. By all means players enroll but no need for the rebuke.

So u think 3 reg'd for this tourny is good numbers? Just cos you're top and want a handy 500 me thinks - forget about the effort that's been put in by Mike, right?

I hear ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

what time does this start at??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

So u think 3 reg'd for this tourny is good numbers? Just cos you're top and want a handy 500 me thinks - forget about the effort that's been put in by Mike, right?

I hear ya

Is english not your first language because i did write "By all means players enroll". And whatever money i may get from this will go towards a live gjp mtt as i indicated to mike at yesterdays gjp monthly. good day sir see you at 8pm.

Is english not your first language because i did write "By all means players enroll". And whatever money i may get from this will go towards a live gjp mtt as i indicated to mike at yesterdays gjp monthly. good day sir see you at 8pm.

Surely you could come here and lend your support to this thread instead of saying "By all means players enroll but no need for the rebuke"

While we're on the subject of english would you mind finding me a passage from a recognised english dictionary informing me what
    Shut your pie hole
    means

• Advertisement

Hey maybe this could be the grudge match that Gholis wanted to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't play this tournament because I have ipoker connection issues, and don't play on the network at all. Additionally, as I am sure you all realise - Sunday is a day when there are a lot of big tournaments on that a fair share of the regulars on this forum play. As a consequence, putting time into a $20 tourney that takes space up on your screen puts some players off.

During the first tournament series that Mike organised, concerns were expressed from some quaters about the time / effort to potential reward ratio that is presented due to a $20 tournament with a field gauranteed to be less than 100 max (on a very, very good day).

As such, my belief is that numbers will be down during this series. Serious players are jsut not going to play this on a Sunday; while as the weather is good and it is the time of year for doing stuff other than poker - there will be less recreational players looking for something to do on a Sunday evening.

To those that do play, the very best of luck - the structure looks good and I'm sure fun will be had by all.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I don't play this tournament because I have ipoker connection issues, and don't play on the network at all. Additionally, as I am sure you all realise - Sunday is a day when there are a lot of big tournaments on that a fair share of the regulars on this forum play. As a consequence, putting time into a $20 tourney that takes space up on your screen puts some players off.

Fair points
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Serious players are jsut not going to play this on a Sunday;

I take offence to this comment as I am sure others that play this
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    To those that do play, the very best of luck - the structure looks good and I'm sure fun will be had by all.

No need to be patronising.

All I can see is that people wanted a tourny and one was set up with money added. Then suddenly everyone has issues etc and now can't play, basically go f*** yourself.

I then try to promote this with Muse (right or wrong) and I then get a negative response.

Very nice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What time is this on at...?

Fair points

I take offence to this comment as I am sure others that play this

No need to be patronising.

All I can see is that people wanted a tourny and one was set up with money added. Then suddenly everyone has issues etc and now can't play, basically go f*** yourself.

I then try to promote this with Muse (right or wrong) and I then get a negative response.

Very nice

I meant in no way to be patronising Chopper. That was most definately not my intention. It looks like a great tournament in terms of playabillity - and the extra added is great. But it doesn't compete on a Sunday with the great range of super MTTs available. And I think a player looking for the best value and best chance of a decent score - will be playing other things.

And I'm not sure there are that many posters who initially decalred their interest and are not playing regularly now. I personally cannot remember pushing the idea. Though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are taking this the wrong way man.

1st out.
    Blinds 20/40 - 25 mins in. I've played only 1 hand so far.
    I'm BB and get dealt JJ.
    Rounders raises to 160 (maybe 180 on button) I'm expecting him to come after me after posts in this thread.
    I reraise to 600. He instant shoves for 3K - this is one of the easiest calls I've ever had to make. Cards flipped he has Q9.
    A nice rag flop,
    Then BINGO Q on turn.
    I can't blame him for wanting to get it all in preflop against me. I do run awfully bad when all in preflop (I've won 2 50/50s out of my last 57 in sit and goes according to my stats).
    Ah well I guessed I was outplayed again - I RUN SO WELL (end of rant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

i reged earlier for this but arrived a bit late but i'm in... really a shame that it's not getting the numbers

Hey I understand that people like playing huge MTTs online Sundays and about screen space etc. I also understand people dislike IPoker.

But for people without IPoker issues - tuesday is still available.

I must stop posting up here while I am tilting and getting all the beat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

****, I thought this was at nine.

It's good of Lloyd to speak for the other players but I would actually imagine that your average poker player doesn't have the bankroll for these other good value MTTs or hasn't satelited into them. I would imagine most would find a $20 8pm tourney with a decent strcuture ideal especially those who have work in the morning.

• Advertisement

musician wrote:
    It's good of Lloyd to speak for the other players but I would actually imagine that your average poker player doesn't have the bankroll for these other good value MTTs or hasn't satelited into them. I would imagine most would find a $20 8pm tourney with a decent strcuture ideal especially those who have work in the morning.

And in my initial post Brian - I noted that all tournament numbers will be down at present given the time of the year and the good weather. I have noticed that there is a drop off in the average fileds of the tourneys I play regularly on Stars.

And I am choosing not to run my sarcasmometer over the first 10 words of that post. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I think we will try something different from next month. A regular tournament has never worked on boards whether it be on GJP or Stars.

I am keen for GJP to give boards some value as a lot of players came from here and without boards we probably would not be where we are today. We owe the forum a lot.

However I can't keep putting up over $1000 for a series that is getting single figure numbers each night. I also don't want people to feel they have to play just cos we have arranged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Shortstack wrote:
    I think we will try something different from next month. A regular tournament has never worked on boards whether it be on GJP or Stars.

I am keen for GJP to give boards some value as a lot of players came from here and without boards we probably would not be where we are today. We owe the forum a lot.

However I can't keep putting up over $1000 for a series that is getting single figure numbers each night. I also don't want people to feel they have to play just cos we have arranged it.

is it possible to arrange a cash table thats password protected for board only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

is it possible to arrange a cash table thats password protected for board only?

Not sure about the password protection but a skin only one should enable boards players to commandeer it. I will find out 2moro.

There are already GJP only HU STT tables which should help those in the HU comp get a game without anybody sitting in by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

It would be a shame to see this series go.
    Its fantastic value, great structure and always good for a laugh if nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Will probably play the tuesday ones from now on. Cant make sunday though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mike can you do Skin only SnGs...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Wd to macspower who won last nights tourney btw

Tonight at 9 on GJP for anyone that's free

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be donating :)

DeV.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    And I am choosing not to run my sarcasmometer over the first 10 words of that post. :)

Me sarcastic? Never :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I hope to be donating also if i get home in time to reg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

IMO i think numbers are down because alot of ppl just dont play poker on sunday nights due to getting pissed or being with the missus. I think tues and thur nights would get the numbers up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

Whats the password for this anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭fabsoul

ligger wrote:

boards07

• Advertisement

ligger wrote:

boards07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

Thanks guys. Dead money a go go

I am donating. Fingers crossed my connection behaves. Good luck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

one day I will remember to play this!

A ****ing joke :(

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    A ****ing joke :(

If you're having connection issues - just turn off anything else that might be using up bandwith. If you're using off wireless make sure they turn of high usage programs such as bittorrent etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Lloyd all I got to say to you is lol donkements!

shoutman wrote:
    Lloyd all I got to say to you is lol donkements!

I made a bad call; a good play; and got my chips in the right side of a race and lost. Whatever. I turned everything off and my connection still sucked. Anywho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I made a bad call; a good play; and got my chips in the right side of a race and lost. Whatever. I turned everything off and my connection still sucked. Anywho...

what type of connection do you have?

For the 2nd time in 3 days rounders123 has knocked me out with Q9 after 26 mins in a tournament - for the record rounders123 is one of the for mentioned bingo players I am always on about. On sun I hadn't played a hand until he gets it all in preflop with Q9 against JJ with blinds 40/20. Tonight I had been quite active and with the same result AQ vs Q9. Below is the hand history - I just can't believe how bad and how lucky he is. This must honestly be the first time i've ever felt like punching another poker player.

AME #983659175: Texas Hold'em NL Tournament 2007-06-12 21:23:42
    Table 71248691 (Tournament: Boards Bi-Weekly MTT Buy-In: $20+$2)
    Seat 1: Player A ($4,240.00 in chips)
    Seat 2: Player B ($5,850.00 in chips)
    Seat 3: Chopper ($2,240.00 in chips) DEALER
    Seat 4: Player C ($2,295.00 in chips)
    Seat 5: Rounders123 aka Mr Bingo ($2,280.00 in chips)
    Seat 7: Player D ($4,095.00 in chips)
    Player C: Post SB $20.00
    Mr Bingo player: Post BB $40.00
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to chopper [Qs Ad]
    Dealt to Mr Bingo [9c Qc]
    Player D: Fold
    Player A: Fold
    Player B: Fold
    Chopper: Raise $160.00
    Player C: Fold
    Mr Bingo: Allin $2,240.00
    Chopper: "instant calls" Allin $2,080.00
    *** FLOP *** [6d Ac 8c]
    *** TURN *** [Ks]
    *** RIVER *** [3c]
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $4,540.00 Rake $0.00
    BINGO: wins $4,540.00

For all people who read this forum I would highly advice not reading any posts this guy makes - it will stir you towards a life of gambling and away from strategic poker play.

For the 2nd time in 3 days rounders123 has knocked me out with Q9 after 26 mins in a tournament - for the record rounders123 is one of the for mentioned bingo players I am always on about. On sun I hadn't played a hand until he gets it all in preflop with Q9 against JJ with blinds 40/20. Tonight I had been quite active and with the same result AQ vs Q9. Below is the hand history - I just can't believe how bad and how lucky he is. This must honestly be the first time i've ever felt like punching another poker player.

AME #983659175: Texas Hold'em NL Tournament 2007-06-12 21:23:42
    Table 71248691 (Tournament: Boards Bi-Weekly MTT Buy-In: $20+$2)
    Seat 1: Player A ($4,240.00 in chips)
    Seat 2: Player B ($5,850.00 in chips)
    Seat 3: Chopper ($2,240.00 in chips) DEALER
    Seat 4: Player C ($2,295.00 in chips)
    Seat 5: Rounders123 aka Mr Bingo ($2,280.00 in chips)
    Seat 7: Player D ($4,095.00 in chips)
    Player C: Post SB $20.00
    Mr Bingo player: Post BB $40.00
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to chopper [Qs Ad]
    Dealt to Mr Bingo [9c Qc]
    Player D: Fold
    Player A: Fold
    Player B: Fold
    Chopper: Raise $160.00
    Player C: Fold
    Mr Bingo: Allin $2,240.00
    Chopper: "instant calls" Allin $2,080.00
    *** FLOP *** [6d Ac 8c]
    *** TURN *** [Ks]
    *** RIVER *** [3c]
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $4,540.00 Rake $0.00
    BINGO: wins $4,540.00

For all people who read this forum I would highly advice not reading any posts this guy makes - it will stir you towards a life of gambling and away from strategic poker play.

I suggest you get over yourself pretty quick. Great call - unlucky. Its only 20 bucks. I played with Aidan last November in Drogheda - he played great in a tough field over two long days.

If you read his blog you would easily see the depth of thought that he puts into his cards.

Again, hard - luck. But seriously man. Calm and cool. Plenty more tourneys on tonight. Good luck.

what type of connection do you have?

NTL Broadband // 100 Mbps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭fabsoul

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    NTL Broadband // 100 Mbps.

My wireless is only 54 Mbps and it work fine on ipoker most of the time

fabsoul wrote:
    My wireless is only 54 Mbps and it work fine on ipoker most of the time

I am obviously doing something wrong. *Shrugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I am obviously doing something wrong. *Shrugs.

What are your firewall and anti virus... if you are using either?

• Advertisement
Advertisement