Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bi-weekly boards MTT on GJP

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    NTL Broadband // 100 Mbps.

54 or 100 thats not the important part here. You won't have an internet connection that can reach those speeds. You should check your speed to the internet in general here - http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php. NTL has 3 packages 1MB, 3MB and 6MB. The speed test should reflect which one you have. Also check the upload speed. If the speeds are not close to what they should be then you may have a general problem and should contact NTL. If it is what it should be then it's probably software related. Windows firewall is perfectly adequate for the home user for example whereas other firewalls may have issues with ipoker so it's no harm trying things with just windows firewall operating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

For the 2nd time in 3 days rounders123 has knocked me out with Q9 after 26 mins in a tournament - for the record rounders123 is one of the for mentioned bingo players I am always on about. On sun I hadn't played a hand until he gets it all in preflop with Q9 against JJ with blinds 40/20. Tonight I had been quite active and with the same result AQ vs Q9. Below is the hand history - I just can't believe how bad and how lucky he is. This must honestly be the first time i've ever felt like punching another poker player.

AME #983659175: Texas Hold'em NL Tournament 2007-06-12 21:23:42
    Table 71248691 (Tournament: Boards Bi-Weekly MTT Buy-In: $20+$2)
    Seat 1: Player A ($4,240.00 in chips)
    Seat 2: Player B ($5,850.00 in chips)
    Seat 3: Chopper ($2,240.00 in chips) DEALER
    Seat 4: Player C ($2,295.00 in chips)
    Seat 5: Rounders123 aka Mr Bingo ($2,280.00 in chips)
    Seat 7: Player D ($4,095.00 in chips)
    Player C: Post SB $20.00
    Mr Bingo player: Post BB $40.00
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to chopper [Qs Ad]
    Dealt to Mr Bingo [9c Qc]
    Player D: Fold
    Player A: Fold
    Player B: Fold
    Chopper: Raise $160.00
    Player C: Fold
    Mr Bingo: Allin $2,240.00
    Chopper: "instant calls" Allin $2,080.00
    *** FLOP *** [6d Ac 8c]
    *** TURN *** [Ks]
    *** RIVER *** [3c]
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $4,540.00 Rake $0.00
    BINGO: wins $4,540.00

For all people who read this forum I would highly advice not reading any posts this guy makes - it will stir you towards a life of gambling and away from strategic poker play.

There is a BB Sticky for this Chopper, If you can't take the BB don't play the game. Your location says it all really "Losing races since 1916", ah well if ya can't win ya races......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Who won this last night , i missed it by minutes , any chance of an updated table ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Will be done 2moro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

DeadParrot wrote:
    It would be a shame to see this series go.
    Its fantastic value, great structure and always good for a laugh if nothing else
    Nailed it !

I've only played this twice and found it to be fun and a challenge playing other boards players. I really think this is about bragging rights rather than $$$$ - maybe I'm wrong though. Agree with Lloyd, Sunday in particular is a bad day. Also, whilst the structure is great for a large field, I find it doesn't quite have the same appeal with a small field of <20 players. Prob better to arrange some "boards only" STT's with a faster structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Hoki wrote:
    Who won this last night , i missed it by minutes , any chance of an updated table ??

1st Antosdurtyma
    2nd CoolWetSand
    3rd Iago
    The_Chopper(Unplaced again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

For all people who read this forum I would highly advice not reading any posts this guy makes - it will stir you towards a life of gambling and away from strategic poker play.

Not true. Obviously more to this than meets the eye. $20bucks worth of wind-up value methinks....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Not sure were to go with this Mike to be honest.
    personally i havnt played in it yet, and i would be one who at the moment it would suit my online bankroll without distracting me too much.
    Having missed most of the games, i would probably only be able to play 20/30% of the time. The added value misses me, and now all i see is a very small numbered tournament with alot of very capable players. If i wanted the fun aspect of it id play live were the chat flows. in summary to one who cant commit, it lacks appeal.

Perhaps guarantee each tournament? if your averaging 15 players guarantee 300$ and then people wont be too shy in taking full advantage of free money . . . and your guarantee size can increase with popularity. (with a token (1st,2nd,3rd) prize in the league)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

smurph wrote:
    There is a BB Sticky for this Chopper, If you can't take the BB don't play the game. Your location says it all really "Losing races since 1916", ah well if ya can't win ya races......

So Smurf AQ vs Q9 is a BB and a race according to these 2 sentenses.

Rounders this is actually my first no placing (granted alot of the time there are less than 10 runners ;) ). It's hard to win these things when u get sucked out on consistantly with Q9. Or do you have some magical formular that allows you to win tournaments when you loose all you chips to a bad beat? For the record it's more your comments you type in after you suck out on me rather than the beats themselves.

I don't expect people to defend me on this forum - I'm a big boy, however I do always find it hilarious that "the click" will always jump in a defend each other, no matter how wrong they were or how idiotic the play is.

When I play poker I play to win. The fact that it's €20 is irrelevant - I am a competitior and if i start playing different styles in terms of buy ins I think my game and that of any other poker player will suffer. Sure aren't people always jumping on peoples backs who play to conservatory in bigger buy in tournaments? Well isn't this the same situation in reverse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

was the Q9 soooted?

if not i think its a bad call

semibluff wrote:
    was the Q9 soooted?

if not i think its a bad call

The second time it was and thats what won it, flush on the river. First game no which is what made it more marginal in fairness!. I played them strong and thats the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't expect people to defend me on this forum - I'm a big boy, however I do always find it hilarious that "the click" will always jump in a defend each other, no matter how wrong they were or how idiotic the play is.

Nobody said he made a good play last Sunday or on Tuesday. But you called him a bad player and critiscised his all - round game.

People are just noting that he is a good player. They were silly pushes. So what. Gambol!! etc.

Get off that high horse sir and careful on the way down - seems like a long way to the ground.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Nobody said he made a good play last Sunday or on Tuesday. But you called him a bad player and critiscised his all - round game.

People are just noting that he is a good player. They were silly pushes. So what. Gambol!! etc.

Get off that high horse sir and careful on the way down - seems like a long way to the ground.

I would love you to point out a post where i'm full of myself as you're suggesting.

I'm shocked that Mr Opionated has something to say on the matter - you're normally so quiet, hey mate at least i'm not on a self proclaimed pedestal - far higher than any horse

I would love you to point out a post where i'm full of myself as you're suggesting.

Heres just one point you will 'love' pasted below taken from this thread.
    People were far more interested in gambling tonight than playing poker - I think I might give this a miss from now on. My dislike of bingo is well known. Once again AA no match for AQ

"Sorry what's that, I can't hear you in the back"

"BINGO"

You just need to lighten up a little and develop a sense of humour if thats possible and you'll be alright imo. And not moaning at the tables about the bad hands you get dealt might make players want to dog you less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

So Smurf AQ vs Q9 is a BB and a race according to these 2 sentenses.

God Chopper, I was having a Joke, you know like being a bit sarcastic.

Ps It's Smurph not Smurf and it's Sentences Not Sentenses, and I certainly am not part of any "click" that you speak of above.... I think what you need to do is play a hand like 92offsuit like Aces, win a pot it's a great buzz, then type in the Chat box lol Donkaments..... and feel the love....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

i know how competitive poker games can get but i dont think a 20 Fo warrants such aggressive responses.

I'm sure this tournie was set up with a certain modd or humour in mind. I don't think we should be arguing about it, granted im not, should jus get the person that sucks out on us the next time!! dunno how many notes i have on guys now that simply say 'get him later'..and its always a great feelin when i do, especially if im behind goig in!!

don't have a gjp ac but would defo love to try play this tournieshortly..if its still goin, hopefully i get rounders and chopper's table!!! Great craic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm shocked that Mr Opionated has something to say on the matter - you're normally so quiet, hey mate at least i'm not on a self proclaimed pedestal - far higher than any horse
    Just saw that. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

smurph wrote:
    God Chopper, I was having a Joke, you know like being a bit sarcastic.

Ps It's Smurph not Smurf and it's Sentences Not Sentenses, and I certainly am not part of any "click" that you speak of above.... I think what you need to do is play a hand like 92offsuit like Aces, win a pot it's a great buzz, then type in the Chat box lol Donkaments..... and feel the love....

And it's clique not click!

ianmc38 wrote:
    And it's clique not click!

If it was meant as a joker smurf (smurph) then sorry.

Point proven I think about click (clique).

Nice to see people putting relevant poker arguements back at me and not nit picking at spelling like this is an english spelling forum.

Constructive as ever guys.

Oh Rounders so my speech play must be awful bad when I get people calling my all ins with 55/97 and pushing over the top of me with Q9. Why would i ever want peopke doing that to me when I have them as good as dead preflop :D

I retract the comment about not taking advice from Rounders as I have never played with him outside the the boards MTT and he is sitting top of that league.

I've had a horrible week in terms of poker and when people are sticking the needle in it really doesn't help. Just imagine taking a bad beat that knocks you out of some tourny you're playing and people then laughing at you and you'll understand where I'm coming from (not an actual event).

Reminder that it's on tonight for all that are interested,

• Advertisement
Advertisement