Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wisdom Teeth Coming Up

• 10-06-2007 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Okay long story... I've always had slightly buck front teeth, this never bothered me too much but I always assumed since I was a kid I was going to have braces sometime when I was older. Originally I was told when I was about ten by a dentist my teeth were righting themselves naturally but I was still probably going to need braces, check back in around two years time.

So when I went 12 I took another trip to the dentist and was told "Well you're bottom jaws overcrowding quite badly... But we've lost your chart so If you want another one drawn up you'll have to pay to see an orthodontist yourself"... Nothing was ever done about that, I was told my teeth were still working fine, or there were untill recently.

I'm 18 now and around September last year two widsom teeth came up on my bottom jaw and another two are making an appearance on my top jaw. The problem with this is that not only has my bottom jaw become ever more crowded but I'm in quite a bit of pain. And I don't mean pain from the teeth coming up. Usually after I eat or sometimes just randomly throughout the day, my jaw, teeth and gums begin to ache. It feels like they're all being pushed together on top of each other and my front teeth are being pushed foward. I'm assuming this is from m new teeth coming up and fighting for space.

Anyway my problem is I have next to no experiance with Dentists. I haven't been since I was twelve. I don't honestly know what to expect. How much is it going to cost? Am I going to need teeth out? And am I likely to need braces by the sound of it? My family really can't afford braces, so if I need them how am I going to go about that? Is this stuff covered on health insurance? Thanks for any replies.

Advertisement