Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go?

Options
  • 10-06-2007 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I am going over to britain to do a course for 3 months, the thing is I have no relations over there but I have alot of choices on where I can do the course, where do you think I should go out of these and why?

* Birmingham
    * Bournemouth
    * Bristol
    * Cambridge
    * Crawley
    * Dartford
    * Guildford
    * Leeds
    * Liverpool
    * London
    * Manchester
    * Milton Keynes
    * Nottingham
    * Oxford
    * Wiltshire
    * Windsor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Abroad.

OP, please make sure you're using the right forum in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

* Dartford
    tbh its a bit of a dive, although there are some nice places in surrounding Kent and SE London if you end up going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

The only one of those I've any familiarity with is Nottingham, but I wouldn't have any hesitation recommending it. Some good pubs (allegedly the oldest pub in the world - Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem - which is partially built into the huge rock that the castle is built on) and plenty to do/see around the area, with Derby and Leicester in easy reach with public transport. Though that can probably be said of anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Guildford - the uni is good and the nightlife is great, plus the airports (Heathrow/Gatwick) are easily commutable, as is central London.

Or if you want to go home once a week, Crawley, which is basically Gatwick Airport's back garden. (Blugh).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Bournmouth is great

• Advertisement
Advertisement